Missing: Parrish, Bell, Hairston, Easley, Williams, Kelsay, Merriman,

Hey I know we looked like crap today. I thought we couldn't have played worse after the Jets game. We bottomed out today. We are missing a lot of guys. And now Eric Wood is down. Why does this happen every single year?

Ryan wasn't at his best, but man did they drop some big passes today. Spiller had a 40 yarder drop, Jones flipped one to the DB for a pick.

It was a bad game. Move on to next week.

Come on--Easley never contributed anything to this offense. Parrish had one half of one decent season. Merriman was nothing last year and was barely there this year. Hairston is a backup. How are we "missing" the contributions of these guys. The rest I'll give you--even Bell, for the sake of argument.

At the beginning of the season I predicted the Bills as a 6-10 team and I thought that was generous- and that is when I thought Kyle Williams was going to be a linchpin for the defense and Merriman might be 80% of his former self- This team doesn't have a lot of talent period, they have not drafted well (although I think 2011 draft was pretty good)and they bargain hunt in Free agency.

I agree. I think the team played well and got some luck early in the season, but I don't think they were really ever a legit playoff contender. They just are not there yet talentwise. The injuries to the key players you listed has basically depleted the team of what little depth they had. Right now we have no playmakers on D and we have no depth on the OL. The line played surprisingly well early, but Chan/Buddy did not address the depth in the O-line. We all knew they were super thin on the line and now it is biting us in the butt. I hope to see competitive foorball the rest of the year. Finish 9-7 and you'd have to look at this as a great step forward for a team that had the 3rd pick in the draft last year and has not had a non-losing season in this century. They seems to me making progress, just not as fast as any of us would like them too. What they need to start doing is hitting on their 1st round picks because we have too many that have failed to become good/great NFL players (Whitner, Losman, McCargo, McKelvin, Maybin, Spiller). If we could have found 1 or 2 difference makers in those drafts we'd have a completely different situation.

Disagree on Merrimen and Hairston WEO....and Williams is a given.

Merrimen that we saw in preseason would have helped this team immensely.....his body just did not hold up. A healthy version of that would have really helped this team.

Hairston is not a backup....he just hasn't been annointed the starter yet. He is already a better run blocker then Bell ever was and has has just enough lateral movement and power that when he cant slide with speed rushers he reaches them with his power and nullifies him that way.....he has been a HUGE loss

Not to mention the fact that moving Levitre out of LG has also weakened the team at that position as well

Our receiver corps is a 7th round pick and a bunch of street guys. The tight end is a Dallas castoff. Kyle Williams made the Pro Bowl last year. The missing players listed above were all starters or contributors. This has been a good year, all things considered. But if we were healthy we wouldn't have been destroyed today. No pass rush. Whatever. I'm moving on to next week's game.

Blaming injuries has become a TBD pastime, much like it probably is on any team board. This same excuse was used after the Giants loss and evidently it'll be use ad nauseam. Buffalo's roster being littered with fringe NFL types is why they struugle. They haven't rebuilt anything in two off-seasons.

Come on--Easley never contributed anything to this offense. Parrish had one half of one decent season. Merriman was nothing last year and was barely there this year. Hairston is a backup. How are we "missing" the contributions of these guys. The rest I'll give you--even Bell, for the sake of argument.

Not missing too much. Williams, but he was not contributing with his broken foot. We need actual NFL Starter to start on our team.

Disagree on Merrimen and Hairston WEO....and Williams is a given.

Merrimen that we saw in preseason would have helped this team immensely.....his body just did not hold up. A healthy version of that would have really helped this team.

Hairston is not a backup....he just hasn't been annointed the starter yet. He is already a better run blocker then Bell ever was and has has just enough lateral movement and power that when he cant slide with speed rushers he reaches them with his power and nullifies him that way.....he has been a HUGE loss

Not to mention the fact that moving Levitre out of LG has also weakened the team at that position as well

Injuries at OLB have hurt us the most. Say what you will about Merriman and Kelsay but they know how to play the position like vertarns ie. know where to take blockers, know how to handle offensive tackles, etc. With Batten, Moats and Coleman it's just run at the QB. Spencer Johnson is also a liability when asked to contribute in pass defense. The position is a mess right now.

seriously. i think that's all that needs to be said in this thread...

you're missing the point. The Bills did not have the depth to overcome injuries to some of their best players. The Bills are not a playoff caliber team yet because of the lack of depth. Their startering roster proves that it can play with and beat some of the better teams in the league. But their lack of depth has caused the current slide. And if Wood is seriously injured and misses any games, we are completely screwed.

Edited by Maddog69