Donald Jones

Estro

The lack of production we're getting at the WR postion in general is a big reason we're on a 2-4 slide. All of the WR's as a group are not playing consistently enough for us to compete. Stevie and Donald Jones both have serious lapses where they simply can't catch the football. Jones dropped at 2-3 passes today and Steve dropped another 2 I believe.

When Stevie is on the left side of the formation and runs his slant, he's catching (mmore like dropping) the ball with his right hand above his left. Fundamentally, he should be catching that ball with his left hand on top of his right hand. I don't know why he can't get it corrected because it's costing the offense. Too many dropped passes on those slant patterns that should be gimmies

When it comes to Donald Jones, he's just not focusing on the ball and he also seems to mistime a lot of jumps. The interception that went off his hands was an absolute joke. Fitz dropped a dime over the top right into his hands and his brick hands just popped it into the open arms of the Dallas CB. He also may have cost Eric Wood his season, because it was during that interception return that Wood injured his knee. Catch the football and Eric wood at least stays healthy.

Those 2 "starting" WR's better get their heads out of their arses, otherwise this offense is going nowhere.

The key here is will we spend some money to bring in talent. We are getting the most out of undrafted or low drafted wide receivers. I would let Stevie walk if he is gonna demand $6mil/yr. If not, keep him as a #2 guy with nelson,roosevelt,jones,easley. Bring in a #1 receiver like a dwayne bowe who will be a free agent

The key here is will we spend some money to bring in talent. We are getting the most out of undrafted or low drafted wide receivers. I would let Stevie walk if he is gonna demand $6mil/yr. If not, keep him as a #2 guy with nelson,roosevelt,jones,easley. Bring in a #1 receiver like a dwayne bowe who will be a free agent

When was the last time Buffalo signed a marquee free agent? And when was the last time said UFA actually was worth it? This team is in full-blown cost cutting mode and has been for a about 7 years now.

When was the last time Buffalo signed a marquee free agent? And when was the last time said UFA actually was worth it? This team is in full-blown cost cutting mode and has been for a about 7 years now.

we don't exactly need a marquee FA to upgrade the WR position. I think a simple with a better veteran reciever would do wonders. doesn't have to be anyone major. though if it were up to me, I would go after meachum. But I doubt the bills show any interest.

we don't exactly need a marquee FA to upgrade the WR position. I think a simple with a better veteran reciever would do wonders. doesn't have to be anyone major. though if it were up to me, I would go after meachum. But I doubt the bills show any interest.

There are only a handful of real X receivers out there, and they don't become available on the open market. But I can see Buffalo going shopping at the bargain bin because Buddy doesn't like to spend RW's money (or so he says). Meachem might be worth a look and fits Nix' requirement for a physical type. NO needs to keep Colston and Nicks, so he's probably available. Still, this team doesn't typically spend in UFA.

Frustrating. Jones is a great YAC guy but definitely questionable ball skills. I heard WR is a decent free agent position this offseason, with some experienced guys unrestricted. This no-name stuff is wearing thin, we need help and I don't mean roscoe and easley.

Great YAC guy, really? Guess I missed all the YAC he has put up

Andre Reed was a great YAC guy

What this team needs is a deep threat that teams hv to account for....funny they used to hv someone like that

Edited by Max997

Does anybody still really think that Stevie deserves $9M or whatever he is asking. He's not a real #1 if you ask me. Donald Jones is a very marginal NFL receiver.

I think our receivers got exposed for being less than par when we see what some real beasts look like the last few week.