52 yard field goal with a kicker you got off the street a week prior?

To me that call was a minor head scratcher, but...

How about challenging Brad Smith's BONEHEADED catch in bounds and losing a timeout over the failed challenge?

How about not handing the ball to Freddie?

How about selecting and keeping George Edwards as DC?

How about failing to see what you have in Jackson and selecting Spiller with last year's first pick?

How about allowing receivers to run 2 yard routes when it's 3rd and 3 and you're down by 20+?

It was 4th and 8 from the 34 yard line. Too long to go for it, and you would have punted from the 34? He's an NFL kicker, you signed him because you can count on him to do his job, otherwise don't sign him. They lost by 37 points and you're main concern is a missed field goal?

Edited by Carey Bender

One of the worst head coaching decisions I witnessed all year.

I disagree. I suspect Chan knew exactly how much his team was over-matched and figured he needed a break and some points so he gambled.

One decision, good or bad, did not decide this game. The harsh reality is the Bills were boys playing against men today.

As angry as we all are, we have to remember the collective age of this group. Young, learning and in need of a real DC to teach them. The coaching was not up to snuff today and Chan and his staff have to really look inside themselves to see how they can improve. Fitzy's check downs seemed orchestrated and the DB's read the deep plays exceedingly well. That's not the look of a "offensive genius"-run offense.

Yeah, they should have thrown a 25+ yard prayer down the sideline to Donald Jones. You know, the typical Gailey third/fourth-and-short play call.

(What the heck is the deal with that, by the way?)

Yeah, they should have thrown a 25+ yard prayer down the sideline to Donald Jones. You know, the typical Gailey third/fourth-and-short play call.

i had forgotten about that.ugggghhhh.thanks for the reminder...

seems we did a few dumb plays like that last week too

That was redicilous. Couldn't believe it when it happened. This was Chan outcoaching himself. He went for the home run instead of just running Fred or tossing the same three yard slant they always do.

So we just lost 44-7 and you are criticizing Gailey for trying to kick a 52 yard field goal in the first half? Going for it on 4th and 8 is a much greater risk than kicking the FG in that situation down by 14 points. Kicking the FG was the right call.

i had forgotten about that.ugggghhhh.thanks for the reminder...

seems we did a few dumb plays like that last week too

FG was the correct call, and the least of the issues with the Bills performance today. How about a Defense that can't make a third down play to save their lives. Or an offense unable to throw a pass more than 5 yards, and on a third and three, the WR runs a yard and a half route. Offensively, only Freddie showed up.

Andy Levitre has done a decent job at LT, but the first couple of plays today, he was on another planet. He needs to get back to LG and either Hairston or Brittle Bell has to come back, and now.

Edited by Spiderweb

Andy Levitre has done a decent job at LT, but the first couple of plays today, he was on another planet. He needs to get back to LG and either Hairston or Brittle Bell has to come back, and now.

Actually Levitre spent quite a bit of time this game on his butt. He's done well the last few games, I think he's a great OG and a passable OT, but he was horrendous this game.