Don't over analyze

I think we all got caught up in the early success, the comebacks and the euphoria.

The "goon squad", "no names' and unheralded 7th rounders is a nice story but it appears to have come to an end. To win games in the NFL you can only rely on a scheme so much. In the end, our players need to be able to line up and beat the players across from them. We have not proven that we can do that.

We're still a half dozen players short from being a legitimate playoff contender.

Not that I'm overly optimistic that this team can make the playoffs, but before today the Bills needed to take 2 of the next 3 in order to be in a spot to make a playoff push. Now, that they dropped this one, they must win the next two, no questions asked. If they can get their heads out of their arses and show up in Miami they could be 6-4 heading into a must win in New York.

The biggest concern moving forward is our defense. They're a wreck. No pressure on the QB, and CB's who simply can't cover. Even our solid play at safety can't cover up how miserable Florence and McKelvin can be. Our offense is regressing, but they had their chances today but just couldn't execute. Spiller was wide open on a bomb, tripped over his own feet. Donald Jones was wide open deep down field and Fitz totally missed him. We had some chances and just couldn't connect on anything deep. We need to do a better job of sticking to the run and connecting our deep shots down the field.

Donald Jones beeter start showing he deserves to be on an NFL team quick too. If he lays another egg or two I'd get the guy off the field. Suspect hands and ill timed jumps from Donald Jones is kiling this team. He's single covered all game and he needs to make a play sooner or later.

The Phins will be a tough out next week, if we can find a way to regroup we could be back in the thick of it heading into the Meadowlands.

If Eric Wood's injury is serious (I haven't heard anything, it didn't look good though) then we're probably done, and that's just being realistic. He's a big part of our rushing success and w/out him manning the middle I think our success moving forward will be sparse. Anyone hear what his status is?