Oil back up near $100 per barrell

/dev/null

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/12/business/energy-environment/a-cornucopia-of-help-for-renewable-energy.html?_r=1&hp

I'd rather "waste" government money this way than in another war. Waste away I say! If it helps us get to a new way of running things it will be worth it.

So we in CA get to subsidize this with higher rates for two decades? WTF? Did you even read that article?

So we in CA get to subsidize this with higher rates for two decades? WTF? Did you even read that article?

Dave doesn't read articles, or even comprehend what he's posting. He just figures "Hey, look...a NYT article about Obama and green energy! All I need to do is add something stupid like "wasting money will lead to economic growth" and surely my Uramoronameter will be filled with plenty of responses to get him through the weekend.

As solar improves--as it quickly is--your rates will fall. Plus you get to help out with slowing global warming you lucky devil :thumbsup:

Better than paying for a war in Iraq for decades

What the hell does this have to do with the war in Iraq? Oh that's right. Not a !@#$ing thing. And Dave give us your well informed opinion of this little tidbit from your article.

The government support which includes loan guarantees, cash grants and contracts that require electric customers to pay higher rates largely eliminated the risk to the private investors and almost guaranteed them large profits for years to come. The beneficiaries include financial firms like Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, conglomerates like General Electric, utilities like Exelon and NRG even Google.

Edited by Chef Jim

You tell me, I've always been a supply and demand believer. Can't have all this economic growth without putting pressure on supply, so don't be throwing straw men my way

Actually us oil demands is lower than last year.. Just sayin'

Edited by Magox

Actually us oil demands is lower than last year.. Just sayin'

Is world demand up? If not, then when it rebounds, we are looking at some seriously high gas prices

I've been thinking about natural gas, have we not had a flood of it on the market? Yet that price has not fallin, at least from the people I have talked to about heating their homes. So maybe supply/demand isn't the ALL in energy markets. BTW, I have totally ignored investing in gas because I do not know what a flood in gas on the market would mean. Price flucuations is my guess. Invest in pipelines? And I guess they want to export natural gas but the process is tricky or something.

Is world demand up? If not, then when it rebounds, we are looking at some seriously high gas prices

I've been thinking about natural gas, have we not had a flood of it on the market? Yet that price has not fallin, at least from the people I have talked to about heating their homes. So maybe supply/demand isn't the ALL in energy markets. BTW, I have totally ignored investing in gas because I do not know what a flood in gas on the market would mean. Price flucuations is my guess. Invest in pipelines? And I guess they want to export natural gas but the process is tricky or something.

Yes world oil demand is up....

Natural gas hasn't fallen because world demand is rising plus it's already fallen a shitload.....there is so much of it on the market, hard to see prices moving up for a sustained period of time

I wasn't really trying to determine the price, as I'm not up to date on all the factors.

Just that people often think oil and natural gas go hand in hand and are identical global commodities.

I would speculate (and without research it's pure speculation) that in the US natural gas is rather abundant and since demand isn't sky high, and the supply isn't in danger (hurricanes/tropical storms), that the price will remain at its current relatively low point.