Tebow IS NOT OVERRATED...just Over-Celebrated

EldaBillsFan

Conversation about Tebow being called the most overrated player in the nfl voted by the players

I don't see Tim Tebow as being overrated....perhaps over-hyped in the media? Coming into the league, everyone knew that he was never going to be a "traditional" NFL quarterback. That does not mean, however, that he can't be a successful QB. I think Denver is learning how to utilize him properly.

He is overated. Tebow is only successful in a read option type offense. Defensive coordinators will learn how to beat it. Tebow hasn't show any ability to adjust to new offensives or half time adjustments. He has a horrible throwing motion and poor accuracy.

People still celebrate his college career from 2 years ago. It's over move on it. He sucks as a NFL QB.

Conversation about Tebow being called the most overrated player in the nfl voted by the players

I agree. He may not be the greatest QB (okay, he isn't) and he may never even be an adequate starting NFL QB, jury is still out....but for all his blind devotees, I don't think I can recall any young QB taking such brutal, over the top criticism as Tebow has taken. His "suckiness" has constituted about 33% of sports talk radio, and ESPN tv talking head content, since August. The kid has started 3 games, is 2-1, and has actually showed some improvement. How about letting him start a dozen games or so, before declaring him a "bust" or like half the clowns at ESPN declared, after pre-season "the Broncos must cut Tim Tebow". The extreme reaction to him, both good and bad is over the top.

I'm not a Tim Tebow guy one way or the other.

But I don't see why people on both sides can't just let this situation play out.

It's way too early to draw any conclusions, IMO.

Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, and Colt McCoy were also taken at the top of that draft.

Every one of these guys is a work in progress.