6 of our top 7 tacklers...

cage

I always look at stats for the team as well as the NFL and I don't think I've every seen anything like this before. Nick Barnett is our #3 tackler, he's the only guy in our front 7 in the top 7 tacklers. Wilson, Byrd, Barnett, Scott, McKelvin, Florence and McGee in that order. McGee has missed three games to boot...

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/team-statistics.html

This is just wrong and no way to win. I know we invested serious draft picks the past 2 years on the defense, but I think we're going to have to keep picking on that side in the next draft as well.

Five of the top seven Packers' tacklers are defensive backs. Your line of thinking is somewhat archaic in a pass-first league.

That being said, yes, Buffalo should continue to beef up its front seven.

Good point. Teams are completing a ton of passes against us. And they are spreading it around pretty well. Stands to reason our DBs would be getting most of the tackles.

I'd be interested to see the league-wide tackle stats for every team. Makes sense the Packers would have a high number of tackles by DBs given that their opponents are forced to pass and play catch-up so much.

GO BILLS!!!

Makes sense the Packers would have a high number of tackles by DBs given that their opponents are forced to pass and play catch-up so much.

I picked the Packers for no other reason than to make it clear that winning and having defensive backs leading your team in tackling are not mutually exclusive.

I picked the Packers for no other reason than to make it clear that winning and having defensive backs leading your team in tackling are not mutually exclusive.

3 of top 5 are DBs on Houston (#1 ranked defense as of this week)

3 of top 5 are DBs on Baltimore (#2)

3 of top 5 are DBs on Pittsburgh (#3)

So, I'd say it's a pattern.

Good point. Teams are completing a ton of passes against us. And they are spreading it around pretty well. Stands to reason our DBs would be getting most of the tackles.

I'd be interested to see the league-wide tackle stats for every team. Makes sense the Packers would have a high number of tackles by DBs given that their opponents are forced to pass and play catch-up so much.

GO BILLS!!!

This is true, but in 4 out of 8 games (Chiefs, Bengals, Eagles, Redskins) the Bills' opponent was playing some pretty serious catch-up and primarily passing.

This is true, but in 4 out of 8 games (Chiefs, Bengals, Eagles, Redskins) the Bills' opponent was playing some pretty serious catch-up and primarily passing.

No doubt the Bills have enjoyed the benefit of playing with the lead and making teams pass. But several teams (Raiders, Pats*, Giants) passed easily on our defense this year to establish leads in the games. If we had the Packers' pass rush and DBs, I'd feel better about the way our DBs rack up their tackle stats.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9