Kelsay out; Ralph in

Some thoughts I had yesterday:

- Before the game started, I received my inactives list text from the Bills. I cringed when I saw Chris Kelsay was inactive. I've noticed that when he's not playing, our defense REALLY takes a hit. That's not to say we wouldn't have run roughshot over Washington's depleted O-Line without him or we would have beat the Jets with him. But the games he's been out, our defense has looked REALLY flat. When he's in, you can really tell a difference. I never thought i'd say it, but Chris Kelsay seems damn important to this defense.

- All year, i've been thinking to myself; "this doesn't look like the Bills that i've known for the past decade or so". It just didn't. All year, it felt different. But yesterday, it looked like the Bills we've been all too familiar with before the start of this season. Just as I felt "crap, we look like those Bills again", it was mentioned on air that Ralph Wilson was in the house for the first time all year. Coincidence? Most likely. But being a superstitious, non-skeptic; a part of me wondered if bad 'juju' follows Ralph around. Was it not his call to bench Flutie in the playoffs? Perhaps our "curse" is not on the team. Perhaps it's on Ralph Wilson. I know it sounds stupid, but i'd rest easier if the old man stayed at home for the rest of the season. It's probably better for his health anyways.

Go Bills!

Some thoughts I had yesterday:

- Before the game started, I received my inactives list text from the Bills. I cringed when I saw Chris Kelsay was inactive. I've noticed that when he's not playing, our defense REALLY takes a hit. That's not to say we wouldn't have run roughshot over Washington's depleted O-Line without him or we would have beat the Jets with him. But the games he's been out, our defense has looked REALLY flat. When he's in, you can really tell a difference. I never thought i'd say it, but Chris Kelsay seems damn important to this defense.

- All year, i've been thinking to myself; "this doesn't look like the Bills that i've known for the past decade or so". It just didn't. All year, it felt different. But yesterday, it looked like the Bills we've been all too familiar with before the start of this season. Just as I felt "crap, we look like those Bills again", it was mentioned on air that Ralph Wilson was in the house for the first time all year. Coincidence? Most likely. But being a superstitious, non-skeptic; a part of me wondered if bad 'juju' follows Ralph around. Was it not his call to bench Flutie in the playoffs? Perhaps our "curse" is not on the team. Perhaps it's on Ralph Wilson. I know it sounds stupid, but i'd rest easier if the old man stayed at home for the rest of the season. It's probably better for his health anyways.

Go Bills!

I think too many here are overreaciting to this loss. The final score doesn't reflect how close this game was, in some ways. The Bills lost to a good team, maybe even the better team, this day. But they did some things well...just that their weakesses were exposed (average wide receivers, defensive weaknesses). Honestly, this loss felt nothing like the hopeless feeling of the Jauron era. Lost in all the gripping over the loss, the Bills offense did move the ball decently, in the second half. This team, and it's coach, learn on the fly...I suspect the Bills give the Bills a pretty good challange in three weeks.

I think too many here are overreaciting to this loss. The final score doesn't reflect how close this game was, in some ways. The Bills lost to a good team, maybe even the better team, this day. But they did some things well...just that their weakesses were exposed (average wide receivers, defensive weaknesses). Honestly, this loss felt nothing like the hopeless feeling of the Jauron era. Lost in all the gripping over the loss, the Bills offense did move the ball decently, in the second half. This team, and it's coach, learn on the fly...I suspect the Bills give the Bills a pretty good challange in three weeks.

1) No maybe's about it. Jets were the better team.

2) Well, the good thing about us playing ourselves is at least we're guaranteed a win :thumbsup:

I think the final score accurately reflected the game.

When we were down 3-0 at half, THAT was a score that didn't accurately reflect the game.