Question about the George Wilson (non) INT

Rayzer32

I was at the game in the 8th row and I saw the play at near eye level and it clearly looked like a pick to all of us who saw it. I was on the phone with my brother who was watching the game at home and he said it was a good pick by Wilson, that he had his hand underneath the ball. My question is why they never showed the replay at The Ralph??? They showed every other replay during the game, but this play was never shown, although it was on national TV. Was this because the NFL told the Bills not to show the replay so there wasn't any negative fan reaction? I have to wonder why they would not show such a marginal call on the Jumbotron. I am almost sure the NFL has an agenda. The Bills played like crap, but the refs were even worse.

They don't play marginal calls at home (any team in the NFL) to try and give the opponents fewer chances to challenge a call, just another part of the home field advantage.

We talked about that, but once the challenge flag was thrown by fat ass Ryan, there was no reason not to show the replay cause it was already being challenged. It should have been shown to the fans once the play was being challenged. It was apparent enough to the players that the Jets defense was already out on the field ready to play ball, as was the Bills offense obviously.

There was a near identical play in the Pats game I believe with Gronk. Not sure what the original call was on the field but his hand was under the ball and guess what? They ruled it for the Pats!

I'm not saying that it was an INT but there was no conclusive evidence to overrule the call.

Bills would have lost anyway though.

I was at the game in the 8th row and I saw the play at near eye level and it clearly looked like a pick to all of us who saw it. I was on the phone with my brother who was watching the game at home and he said it was a good pick by Wilson, that he had his hand underneath the ball. My question is why they never showed the replay at The Ralph??? They showed every other replay during the game, but this play was never shown, although it was on national TV. Was this because the NFL told the Bills not to show the replay so there wasn't any negative fan reaction? I have to wonder why they would not show such a marginal call on the Jumbotron. I am almost sure the NFL has an agenda. The Bills played like crap, but the refs were even worse.

They show these replays on jumbotrons all the time. They did it all night in the Steelers game. The Bills chose what to show on their screen.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The refs are incompetent and they're deciding games based on their incompetence. They arguably didn't determine the outcome yesterday since the Bills were pretty horrible on offense all day long, but in other games it's happening.

The explanation Hoculi(?) gave yesterday left a lot to be desired.

As Simms/Nance said, the ball can touch the ground as long as it's under control by the receiver/interceptor.

Hoculi's words were "The ruling on the field is reversed. The ball touched the ground."

I think it's abundantly clear from the last 10+ years and from the two situations this year that the Bills will NOT get the benefit of the doubt. We need to catch it cleaner than any other team.

I thought I'd hear him say "call confirmed" or at the very worst the call was inconclusive. To reverse the call entirely made zero sense, in my opinion. Unless they had another angle, I'm not sure how they can possibly justify that call.

I still say it's a conspiracy against the Bills !! I watched the Fox network game (because CBS didn't televise an early game in Nashville) although Fox has second rate game coverage compared to CBS or NBC through out the entire first half of the game they never showed one Bills stat on there stat line .

They showed Jets stats though out the first half but not one Bills stat , which from what i understand there wasn't a lot to post but that's neither here nor there !!

After the first half of the game i turned it off because that one thing not showing my teams stats no matter if they are winning or not pissed me off & i will never watch another game on Fox !!

The only reason why i watched it this time was because i live in Nashville Tn. & the local CBS station didn't have an early game ( which is dum as hell) because they were showing the Titans game for the late game . Which i never can understand :blink: ??

Who's the retard that decides not to put the NFL on there local network during the season :thumbdown: ?? That's just plain ignorant :bag: !!!!

Edited by T master

Terrible call.

I don't see how they came up with the call that there was conclusive evidence to overturn it. It was 50/50. The fact that they initially called it an INT should dictate that there isn't sufficient evidence to just overrule the call.

Oh well, we would have lost anyway and I'm used to this **** by now.

I thought I had heard they weren't allowed by the NFL to show the replys when they are being challenged, but I could be wrong.

Also, what would that have done if they had shown the reply a bunch of times to the fans? Would the refs not have overturned it because the home fans don't think it should be? All thats going to do is make the fans even more pissed off at the refs.....

But would it shck anyone to hear that the NFL wanted the refs to give a NY team the benefits of the doubt in all calls to get them back into the playoff hunt? NY and big market teams in the playoffs mean Big ratings and BIG money for the league........

I'm still wondering what the Giants receiver did in their game against the Pats after his TD to get an unsportsmanlike, while in the Bills game, Sanchez can go in front of McKelvin and mock him, and they can continue celebrating and "bump" Ryan on the sidelines without any kind of call for excessive celebrations

When a call is made, a review is called for, the call is overturned despite clearly being an incorrect overturn, and little is given in the way of explanation, it smacks of game-fixing. It may seem like inconsistency, but the refs should know the rules on catches and other things that are reviewable (unlike PI and holding) and show at least some consistency there, and especially during a review.

When a call is made, a review is called for, the call is overturned despite clearly being an incorrect overturn, and little is given in the way of explanation, it smacks of game-fixing. It may seem like inconsistency, but the refs should know the rules on catches and other things that are reviewable (unlike PI and holding) and show at least some consistency there, and especially during a review.

The explaination is that there was a point when the ball touched the ground without his hand underneath it.

Game fixing is was what frustrated or crazy people say.

The explaination is that there was a point when the ball touched the ground without his hand underneath it.

Game fixing is was what frustrated or crazy people say.

It's OK for it to touch the ground as long as the hands holding the ball appear to be in control of it prior to it touching the ground:

* Bert Emanuel rule — the ball can touch the ground during a completed pass as long as the receiver maintains control of the ball. Enacted due to a play in the 1999 NFC championship game, where Emanuel, playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, had a catch ruled incomplete since the ball touched the ground.