Andy Rooney has died

Just Jack

I sat next to him and his wife at a Manhattan restaurant probably around 15 yrs ago.

He was the same in person. Looked around the room all night and questioned just about everything: "Why do they do this?" "why do they call it that?" etc etc ... His wife was just like "yes dear, yes dear" lol. He definitely just "played" himself on TV.

Good guy, he'll be missed

I read his book and saw his last 60 Minutes bit, and I don't think Andy was playing along as a joke. He really seemed to be a "bitter old man".

I read a Letterman interview probably 25 years ago, where they asked him something like who he didn't like or who was a bad guest or something........And, he said that he thought that Andy Rooney played this part of a curmudgeonly guy and he'd be great to talk to, and it turns out he wasn't playing any part and was a miserable person.

I read a Letterman interview probably 25 years ago, where they asked him something like who he didn't like or who was a bad guest or something........And, he said that he thought that Andy Rooney played this part of a curmudgeonly guy and he'd be great to talk to, and it turns out he wasn't playing any part and was a miserable person.

I can believe that, so much whining... I'd either change the channel or mute the TV as soon as I knew he was coming on. Still, may he R.I. P., hope he finally finds happiness on the other side.

I can believe that, so much whining... I'd either change the channel or mute the TV as soon as I knew he was coming on. Still, may he R.I. P., hope he finally finds happiness on the other side.

Just had a vision of him commenting on heaven.

"Why are the clouds so fluffy?"