GTA V

/dev/null

YES!!!! GTA IV was the game that got me back into a console for the first time in years. I grew up playing on the Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, original Nintendo NES, and up to the first PlayStation. But then I went about ten years or more without even touching a game. I started watching people play GTA IV on justin tv and I was BLOWN AWAY by how far games had come. The story mode was amazing, but the free roam looked like a blast. To just be able to have free run in a mock up NYC environment with a bunch of other people online was too much to pass up, so I got an xbox 360. I put in a lot of hours on that game, and I THOUGHT I was going to do the same with Red, Dead, Redemption, but I started to forget about it and eventually just lost the interest. But I will DEFINITELY pick up GTA V, and I'm sure I'll be playing it for hours on end again :D

YES!!!! GTA IV was the game that got me back into a console for the first time in years. I grew up playing on the Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, original Nintendo NES, and up to the first PlayStation. But then I went about ten years or more without even touching a game. I started watching people play GTA IV on justin tv and I was BLOWN AWAY by how far games had come. The story mode was amazing, but the free roam looked like a blast. To just be able to have free run in a mock up NYC environment with a bunch of other people online was too much to pass up, so I got an xbox 360. I put in a lot of hours on that game, and I THOUGHT I was going to do the same with Red, Dead, Redemption, but I started to forget about it and eventually just lost the interest. But I will DEFINITELY pick up GTA V, and I'm sure I'll be playing it for hours on end again :D

If you like free roam and Batman, I'd highly recommend Batman Arkham City (the first game was great too). There's something incredibly entertaining about sneaking around as Batman and then taking out and entire gang of 15+ thugs.

I really didn't like RDR. Everyone raved about it, but I just found it boring. I liked GTA IV and loved Vice City, so I may grab GTA V. Though I find myself passing on most games now a days. They just don't appeal to me as much anymore.

Cannot wait for this to come out! The cops finally chase you instead of shooting you immediately for small crimes. You build up fines based on the severity of your crimes and this makes getting caught all the more debilitating. They have made some great changes and put the game back in San Andreas (? think I got that right). Should be game of the year next year.

If you like free roam and Batman, I'd highly recommend Batman Arkham City (the first game was great too). There's something incredibly entertaining about sneaking around as Batman and then taking out and entire gang of 15+ thugs.

I'm in the process of getting hooked up with 3D capability this weekend, and I keep hearing that the new Batman game is not only one of the best games ever created, but also some of the best 3D that gaming has ever seen. I had no idea there was a free roam on it, so you've really piqued my interest!

I really didn't like RDR. Everyone raved about it, but I just found it boring. I liked GTA IV and loved Vice City, so I may grab GTA V. Though I find myself passing on most games now a days. They just don't appeal to me as much anymore.

RDR definitely didn't suck me in like GTA IV did, that's for sure. I felt like I didn't give it enough of a chance, but it may have been just as you said....just kind of boring.

With most of my gaming history, I spent almost all of my time playing sports games. But the way some of these other games have become over the years, it's almost mindblowing to those of us who were out of the scene for a long time. I'm still amazed at what I could do on GTA...it seemed like every time I played, it was a new experience. And that game is what, three years old now? I can't wait for the new GTA...

I loved GTA 3 and Vice City, so now might be a good time to snag GTA IV for the PS3.

If you do, be sure to get "The Ballad of Gay Tony" add on...that one was a blast!

I'm in the process of getting hooked up with 3D capability this weekend, and I keep hearing that the new Batman game is not only one of the best games ever created, but also some of the best 3D that gaming has ever seen. I had no idea there was a free roam on it, so you've really piqued my interest!

It's obviously not up to the standards of GTA since you're always on foot (or in the air), but it's definitely a huge map for those purposes. And Mark Hamill voicing the Joker is always worth the price of admission all by itself.

RDR definitely didn't suck me in like GTA IV did, that's for sure. I felt like I didn't give it enough of a chance, but it may have been just as you said....just kind of boring.

There was always something hilarious about riding your horse through the woods in RDR and then suddenly being pulled off of it by a cougar or bear. I enjoyed RDR quite a bit, but at the same time, I haven't yet found myself going back to play it a second time.

It's obviously not up to the standards of GTA since you're always on foot (or in the air), but it's definitely a huge map for those purposes. And Mark Hamill voicing the Joker is always worth the price of admission all by itself.

Is the first Batman game worth picking up? I see that Amazon has it for like $19

Is the first Batman game worth picking up? I see that Amazon has it for like $19

I'd definitely get it. If you plan on getting the second one it's a nice warmup. They set the whole playing style for the game in place there and then took it all out with the second one.