dopey americans

Come on... Hasn't it always been an epidemic... Especially say some years back.. Especially, pre-1970's. Except the docs didn't tell the patients what they were giving. They'd mix something up and give a shot and the patient would feel like a million bucks. :lol: What I am saying is that is has always been a business proposition and numb has always been a sought after state. Just within a different system today.

They could just make your posts mandatory reading. Problem solved.

that's funny, i found the information sobering. not the first or last time you and i come to very different conclusions from the same data.

Come on... Hasn't it always been an epidemic... Especially say some years back.. Especially, pre-1970's. Except the docs didn't tell the patients what they were giving. They'd mix something up and give a shot and the patient would feel like a million bucks. :lol: What I am saying is that is has always been a business proposition and numb has always been a sought after state. Just within a different system today.

did you look at the numbers? the quantity of narcotics supplied to pharmacies, hospitals and doctors offices quadrupled in the last 10 years. and it's more than a little insulting to imply that all or even most docs would prescribe narcotics unethically for profit. even now, it's a significant minority but the business like climate which becomes more pervasive in medicine every day surely isn't helping the situation.

A government subsidized news outlet quoting government agency numbers. All designed to scare you(us) into giving a overpowered centralized government even more control over us. yeah I really give a crap about this article

did you look at the numbers? the quantity of narcotics supplied to pharmacies, hospitals and doctors offices quadrupled in the last 10 years. and it's more than a little insulting to imply that all or even most docs would prescribe narcotics unethically for profit. even now, it's a significant minority but the business like climate which becomes more pervasive in medicine every day surely isn't helping the situation.

Maybe the doctors aren't unethically prescribing for profit. Maybe hippies are getting older and won't shut up with the me, me, me crap and the docs are prescribing pills to get the hippies to leave the office so they can get back to work. Now the hippies turn around and blame the doctors.

this is what happens when the doctor patient relationship becomes a mere business proposition (and when numb becomes the sought after state).

Wow, this is really shocking. Hard to imagine that the combination of a) a constant and endless drumbeat of prescription drug ads on television pushing people to "ask your doctor if Zombie Utopia is right for you", and b) a federal gov't that underwrites the costs of billions of scrips to provide a huge profit motive for drug makers and doctors to issues more scrips rather than fewer, would actually result in the abuse of prescription drugs. Honestly, who could have foreseen that?

Good thing this was all addressed in ObamaCare, huh?

that's funny, i found the information sobering. not the first or last time you and i come to very different conclusions from the same data.

I see your point... How long have we been keeping accurate numbers for this kind of stuff. Does it go way back. I am not disputing the rise... But there had to be a decline between the 1970's and 1990's?

Wow, this is really shocking. Hard to imagine that the combination of a) a constant and endless drumbeat of prescription drug ads on television pushing people to "ask your doctor if Zombie Utopia is right for you", and b) a federal gov't that underwrites the costs of billions of scrips to provide a huge profit motive for drug makers and doctors to issues more scrips rather than fewer, would actually result in the abuse of prescription drugs. Honestly, who could have foreseen that?

Good thing this was all addressed in ObamaCare, huh?

Remember when the rules were changed to outlaw cigarette advertising? You know, for the public good? I wonder why the same isn't done for prescription drugs?

Wait, no I don't. <_<

that's funny, i found the information sobering.

I'm sure you did, you !@#$ing drone.

Remember when the rules were changed to outlaw cigarette advertising? You know, for the public good? I wonder why the same isn't done for prescription drugs?

Wait, no I don't. <_<

I'm sure you did, you !@#$ing drone.

well, we finally agree on something. direct to consumer drug advertising is awful and i'm pretty certain the US is the only country that allows it. but that's not the big problem in this issue. much of that quadrupling is due to diversion and with just a little effort it can be monitored and decreased enormously. watched the Chris Herron story on ESPN2 last nite...this stuff has very real consequences. at least, he lived to tell about it.

btw, haven't been seeing many sweetness and light posts from you either lately. are you now a happy, shining person? show us all by ignoring the impulse to post a droning response.

btw, haven't been seeing many sweetness and light posts from you either lately. are you now a happy, shining person? show us all by ignoring the impulse to post a droning response.

We got a 1000 points of light for the homeless man, we got a kinder, gentler, machine gun hand and most importantly we got Darin who keeps on rockin' in the free world!

well, we finally agree on something.

Congratulations on being right for once.

direct to consumer drug advertising is awful and i'm pretty certain the US is the only country that allows it.

Nice to be leading the world in that. <_< Maybe President Obama will reign in those evil drug companies. Oh wait...they were the first ones he bowed to to get that abortion he calls a "health care" bill through. More of the same, despite how much you partisans desperately want to pretend your party is different.

but that's not the big problem in this issue. much of that quadrupling is due to diversion and with just a little effort it can be monitored and decreased enormously. watched the Chris Herron story on ESPN2 last nite...this stuff has very real consequences. at least, he lived to tell about it.

More public education equals more drones. There are very real consequences to very liberal or very conservative politics. The differences between the two political parties in this country is nothing more than the caliber of lemmings that follow along so blindly.

The responses on this board are earned. Don't like it? Pick up your game and stop following your party's line.