Stevie Johnson

Chan has now been asked a few times about Stevie's playful nature and responded "he has too much time on his hands". I know it is hard not to be yourself and if he is a funny guy then he should be himself. But for a guy who wants a contract extension I would not want my head coach thinking I am not putting the time and effort into preperation. I'm not saying that is what Chan is saying but I still wouldn't want to take a chance if I was a 7th round draft pick looking for the contract that will set me up for life.

I think Chan thinks it's all good. There was a hint of a smile at the presser.

Let them show some personality. Chan isn't a control freak like Billicheat or an anything goes blowhard like Sexy Rexy.

Perfect group of characters from top down in my opinion.

That hint of a smile is about as emotional as Chan gets in those pressers. I think your analysis is dead on...

You ever play sports? Been in a locker room?

We used to rip on each other and our coaches like crazy. If we didnt I dont think we woulda won as much

+1

It's a game. Yeah you are getting paid @ the NFL level(sometimes even college ;) ), but it is still supposed to be fun. All work and no play would make Stevie a dull boy.

Edited by H2o

I would say stevie is the second most important piece to this team right behind freddy. Fred shows all these guys perseverance and a never say die attitude. I think he is the leader they all follow and if he isnt giving up no one will. But I think stevie adds a lot of attitude and keeps it light making the guys play that much better. This was proven in that pre-season game with that high hit on jones?. Those two rushed right up and got in the safeties face that is what a leader of a team does, looks out for their guys and leads by example.

Edited by cvanvol

Chan has now been asked a few times about Stevie's playful nature and responded "he has too much time on his hands". I know it is hard not to be yourself and if he is a funny guy then he should be himself. But for a guy who wants a contract extension I would not want my head coach thinking I am not putting the time and effort into preperation. I'm not saying that is what Chan is saying but I still wouldn't want to take a chance if I was a 7th round draft pick looking for the contract that will set me up for life.

A 7th rounder that can cash in with pretty much any team in the nfl right now can do pretty much what he wants.....Stevie has worked hard.....thumbs down to this post ... Guess he should apologize for dressing up on Halloween.... Geeee wilikers