How to beat the Jets?

The Jets Defense is scary, they can cause a lot of damage (especially with two weeks to prepare) so our offensive line is going to have to play its best game of the season.

When the Bills are on D, the gameplan is as simple as it is obvious. Force Sanchez to make mistakes. He's been prone to do that, so multiple looks on D and plenty of early blitzes will hopefully rattle him

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my gameplan: They're gonna blitz and single cover Nelson and Stevie. This game is ripe for the screeen/draw. Feed Freddie, and then attempt the deep middle shot to Chandler. On D, all you gotta do is get in Sanchez's face. Don't necessarily ahve to get to him, he'll turn the ball over. What are your keys to the game?

Loooking at the match-ups, their O ranks in the 20s in rushing and passing. It always seems though that they typically have success over us on the ground. So, we need to continue to load up to stop the run and dare Sanchez to beat us through the air. Dareus vs Mangold will be a fascinating battle and the winner may control the Jets' scoring. In fact, their battle in the early going may decide our D philosophy for the rest of the game. If Dareus is holding up, I can see us blitzing quite frequently.

On O, rushing D is their weak spot and we need to exploit it every which way we can. To mix things up, the 5 wide look will be important. Revis alone cant cover so many guys.

My thoughts:

- Big doses of FJax

- Get Nelson involved early assuming Revis is covering Stevie

- Blitz Sanchez at regular intervals

- Control the edges and dont allow SGreene to break to the outside or Sanchez to scramble

- Limit our turnovers

This will be a close one and we should be able to pull it out late with the 12th man helping

Loooking at the match-ups, their O ranks in the 20s in rushing and passing. It always seems though that they typically have success over us on the ground. So, we need to continue to load up to stop the run and dare Sanchez to beat us through the air. Dareus vs Mangold will be a fascinating battle and the winner may control the Jets' scoring. In fact, their battle in the early going may decide our D philosophy for the rest of the game. If Dareus is holding up, I can see us blitzing quite frequently.

On O, rushing D is their weak spot and we need to exploit it every which way we can. To mix things up, the 5 wide look will be important. Revis alone cant cover so many guys.

My thoughts:

- Big doses of FJax

- Get Nelson involved early assuming Revis is covering Stevie

- Blitz Sanchez at regular intervals

- Control the edges and dont allow SGreene to break to the outside or Sanchez to scramble

- Limit our turnovers

This will be a close one and we should be able to pull it out late with the 12th man helping

The Jets rushing D is mostly susceptible to big runs on the edges. If FJax can do that (not sure that's his strength but he might be able to do it) the Bills have a good chance. With Thomas out for the year, we don't really have anyone great at stopping the outside runs. The Jets corners have been extremely good this season, with Wilson even having a better season than Cro. Sanchez is having a better season than most give him credit for, though. It's not as simple as get pressure on him and you win, with the Jets O-line coming back at full strength after the bye.

I think the Jets win in a close one, but I'm biased. :thumbsup:

The Jets rushing D is mostly susceptible to big runs on the edges. If FJax can do that (not sure that's his strength but he might be able to do it) the Bills have a good chance. With Thomas out for the year, we don't really have anyone great at stopping the outside runs. The Jets corners have been extremely good this season, with Wilson even having a better season than Cro. Sanchez is having a better season than most give him credit for, though. It's not as simple as get pressure on him and you win, with the Jets O-line coming back at full strength after the bye.

I think the Jets win in a close one, but I'm biased. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board!

The Raiders showed the NFL you cant stop the outside run. It makes me wonder if we use Spiller in some sweep type runs or Brad Smith.

I agree your Corners are having a great year although i think Revis gets a few generous calls (against Miami on MNF)

Welcome to the board!

The Raiders showed the NFL you cant stop the outside run. It makes me wonder if we use Spiller in some sweep type runs or Brad Smith.

I agree your Corners are having a great year although i think Revis gets a few generous calls (against Miami on MNF)

Well, Revis gets a couple of generous calls. I don't want to get into the MNF call, so I'll let you have that for now, haha.

IDK how you guys have been using Smith, have you been using him like the Jets used to (in the wildcat and whatnot)? Spiller may be more useful than FJax in this game, if you use him at RB more often rather than WR like you've been trying.

Well, Revis gets a couple of generous calls. I don't want to get into the MNF call, so I'll let you have that for now, haha.

IDK how you guys have been using Smith, have you been using him like the Jets used to (in the wildcat and whatnot)? Spiller may be more useful than FJax in this game, if you use him at RB more often rather than WR like you've been trying.

Spiller has been at wideout due to all the injuries, hes a RB long term.

As for Smith, mostly in the wildcat role although his reps at WR have increased of late but truthfully we havent used him as much as i thought we would but thats a credit to Fitzy and Freddie, not a knock on smith

Spiller has been at wideout due to all the injuries, hes a RB long term.

As for Smith, mostly in the wildcat role although his reps at WR have increased of late but truthfully we havent used him as much as i thought we would but thats a credit to Fitzy and Freddie, not a knock on smith

That's what I thought about Spiller, just wasn't sure.

I used to get so frustrated with Smith out of the wildcat. Run, run, run, run, run, pass once every 60,000 times he got it, run, run, run, run. Though I guess that was more a product of Schotty than Smith's talents. Luckily we haven't been missing him on KRs with the emergence of McKnight.

That's what I thought about Spiller, just wasn't sure.

I used to get so frustrated with Smith out of the wildcat. Run, run, run, run, run, pass once every 60,000 times he got it, run, run, run, run. Though I guess that was more a product of Schotty than Smith's talents. Luckily we haven't been missing him on KRs with the emergence of McKnight.

McKnight was a solid find. I saw you used him on D a few weeks back, very creative

McKnight was a solid find. I saw you used him on D a few weeks back, very creative

And to think Jets fans were calling for his head after the Woodhead debacle. :oops:

Westhoff, the special teams coach, is the best in the league. Jets' special teams is always tops. Sad he's retiring after this year.

How's the bills special teams (outside of kicker/punter, I mean coverage teams)

And to think Jets fans were calling for his head after the Woodhead debacle. :oops:

Westhoff, the special teams coach, is the best in the league. Jets' special teams is always tops. Sad he's retiring after this year.

How's the bills special teams (outside of kicker/punter, I mean coverage teams)

Coverage teams have been VERY good. I think our opponents avg drive start is inside the 20 when they bring it out. CMac might end McKight if he gets a hold of him, hes a beast on kick coverage

Coverage teams have been VERY good. I think our opponents avg drive start is inside the 20 when they bring it out. CMac might end McKight if he gets a hold of him, hes a beast on kick coverage

McKnight has like a 40 yard return average this year, he's like way ahead of the rest of the AFC. Hopefully he can break one this week.

Predictions. Spiller gets over 80 yrds receiving. Fred gets 150 from scrimmage. Heard knocks Sanches out of the game in the 3rd qtr. Dareus gets another sack. Bills D gets a safety. Chandellor scores a TD. Patriots lose to the Giants. Bills sit alone at the top, 7 and 2.

Any reason why you believe all this will happen?