Atmosphere at Rogers Center today

It was kinda like a preseason game. A few real Bills fans (probably more than usual for this series), at least that many who were there just cause it was an NFL game, and a few fans of the other team. Cannons went off and they played the Shout song when the Bills scored, but the excitment level wasn't there in general. Oh yeah, and I blame the missed field goal on the misguided wave that was going around the stadium when they kicked it. :doh:

Other than Bills & Skins, saw the following team jerseys:

Bucs

Lions

Cowboys

Eagles

fish

pats

jets

Saints

Giants

Chiefs

Chargers

Raiders

Packers

Vikings

Traffic wasn't bad getting there - my usual trick to go one exit past where they tell you to get off for the stadium again worked well. Not many NY license plates to be seen. Since there was no tailgating, the Loose Moose wasn't bad as sports bars go, and of course there was Keiths. :beer:

Watching from home it seemed when the skins had a positive play (few and far between) the fans were loud in there favor, may have been my spite for the location but def not the Ralph roar for our boys. Did you here much skins cheering?

Oh yeah, and I blame the missed field goal on the misguided wave that was going around the stadium when they kicked it.

I thought that was Lindell's tribute to Canada...hitting the post.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It was kinda like a preseason game. A few real Bills fans (probably more than usual for this series), at least that many who were there just cause it was an NFL game, and a few fans of the other team. Cannons went off and they played the Shout song when the Bills scored, but the excitment level wasn't there in general. Oh yeah, and I blame the missed field goal on the misguided wave that was going around the stadium when they kicked it. :doh:

Other than Bills & Skins, saw the following team jerseys:

Bucs

Lions

Cowboys

Eagles

fish

pats

jets

Saints

Giants

Chiefs

Chargers

Raiders

Packers

Vikings

Traffic wasn't bad getting there - my usual trick to go one exit past where they tell you to get off for the stadium again worked well. Not many NY license plates to be seen. Since there was no tailgating, the Loose Moose wasn't bad as sports bars go, and of course there was Keiths. :beer:

I think the Toronto series really sucks for the Bills and I hope it ends after next year, but if I was forced to bet money on it, it will continue, and with a good chance of more then one game a year. The atmostphere is bad for a home game, when Chandler scored his first TD and tried to jump in the stands, the couple fans there pushed him away like he had a virus. This series is a money grab, the city of Toronto actually took notice this time to the negative comments from media and the players themselves prior to the game, referring it with quotes like this "It’s hard not to feel like we’re the rich kid the Bills are hanging out with just for his money."

I am very happy to see the Bills get a win in T.O. but make no mistake about it, the game will always be an away game for this team and can be a liability as they become more successful and try to fight for a deep playoff run. So there seemed to be more people cheering for the Bills and that's great, but it's simply because the team is playing better. What will ultimately be the best thing for them is to let this Toronto experiment die out peacefully. It may have brought some attention to the franchise, but reading local Toronto media there is a lot of resistance to what the NFL would be to their community.

Congrats Ralph, you successfully stole 78 million from the Rogers group, and kicked your loyal fan base of 50 years in crotch for one week a year and instilled even more anxiety over the team's future in Buffalo, now can you PLEASE cut the cord on this disaster while you're still around to make ammends to the people that helped make this team what it is?

Bottom line - Playing an extra away game every year will never help this team make it to the superbowl again. Now if every team plays an extra away game a season, then I'll change my tune, but until then I'd love to see the Bills back where they belong, in Orchard Park.

Hockey jerseys are requisite in Canada. I don't think you are allowed citizenship without one.

I love Toronto, just wish they were more into Bills football.

nope. Lots of hockey jerseys tho.

Hockey jerseys are requisite in Canada. I don't think you are allowed citizenship without one.

I love Toronto, just wish they were more into Bills football.

It's difficult for a city to embrace a team that doesn't belong to them.

Toronto does have some serious Bills fans. Just check out the border after every Bills home game.

It's difficult for a city to embrace a team that doesn't belong to them.

Toronto does have some serious Bills fans. Just check out the border after every Bills home game.

That does not mean they are Bills fans. Most of the opposing fans in our stadium are in fact Canadians. This is not to say that there are not Bills fans amongst them, but to imply that all of the Canadians that come here are Bills fans is ridiculous!

That does not mean they are Bills fans. Most of the opposing fans in our stadium are in fact Canadians. This is not to say that there are not Bills fans amongst them, but to imply that all of the Canadians that come here are Bills fans is ridiculous!

As a Canadian with season tickets I would disagree with this statement. I was told that 10% of the season ticket base comes from Canada. As well a large number of busses come down from Canada for every game.

Overall the vast majority, 90% of Canadians coming to Bills games are Bills fans.

As a season ticket holder, I refuse to support Bill's games in Toronto and will never attend a game in Toronto. In my opinion that is how most Canadian Bill's fans feel.

If I didn't know better, I would have assumed it was a home game for the Redskins based on the crowd reaction as you could hear it on TV. It sounded like a half-empty stadium watching their team lose 23-0.

I guess I didn't realize how few Bills fans go to these games.

As a Canadian with season tickets I would disagree with this statement. I was told that 10% of the season ticket base comes from Canada. As well a large number of busses come down from Canada for every game.

Overall the vast majority, 90% of Canadians coming to Bills games are Bills fans.

As a season ticket holder, I refuse to support Bill's games in Toronto and will never attend a game in Toronto. In my opinion that is how most Canadian Bill's fans feel.

I think much of that 10% is coming from Fort Erie/Niagara Falls/St. Catherines/Hamilton and not necessarily all the way from Toronto.