BREAKING NEWS! (NON-LEGIT)

THAT'S for friggin' sure. Wouldn't let my own son play at SU under it's current coach. That's also why I wouldn't let him go to Penn State either. Joe Pa is 5 years past his expiration date.

174174[/snapback]

I think this may be JoePa's last season upcoming and that may be part of the reason why he chose state.

Sounds like Penn State has a who's who coming in this year.  Top WR, top corner and a couple other top 25 players at various positions.  Don't undersell SU either they have the top DL from Virginia going there next year, also a top 25 player.

174190[/snapback]

As long as Coach P is here, SU will win some games they should lose, lose some games they should win, and pretty much be mediocre. Just like every year. He could have All-Americans at every position yet still find a way to confuse his players with his 5,000 page long playbook. The concept 'just line up and punch the other team in the mouth' is lost on him.

:w00t:

did someone just try to talk about the academic merits of Penn State?

174225[/snapback]

That was me. And trust me, their business school is top tier and overall it is a much better academic school than any other on his short list. I mean come on, Tennessee gave Travis Henry a degree. This guy can't even memorize 10% of our playbook.

come on VA, their business school isn't even in the top 30.

I will give you that it is better than the rest of the schools on his list, but as far as big schools go it's no Michigan, UVA, etc (not that athletes anywhere do much work...)

At least they get an extremely talented player to help out on returns and possibly at WR. I only hope they can continue to recruit some more talent for the offense. Last year, they did a good job of bringing in Morelli at QB and Connor at LB. This year, with Williams as a KR/WR and Dontey Brown at LB, they continue to bolster positions that have been very weak in recent years in terms of depth AND talent.

At least they get an extremely talented player to help out on returns and possibly at WR.  I only hope they can continue to recruit some more talent for the offense.  Last year, they did a good job of bringing in Morelli at QB and Connor at LB.  This year, with Williams as a KR/WR and Dontey Brown at LB, they continue to bolster positions that have been very weak in recent years in terms of depth AND talent.

174293[/snapback]

Nice catch for Penn St. Maybe now they can climb back into the Big 10 race. The guy is sure a great talent. I was watching film of him on ESPN last week. His speed was impressive in addition to good hands.