Carrington?

CSBill

Scheme and game plan can cover up for personnel issues occasionally. But 6 games into the season, that's getting harder to do now that teams have all that film on Buffalo's defense. The issue, regardless of who's running the defense, is a lack of personnel. Buffalo has no one who can regularly get to or pressure the QB and blitzes aren't a long term solution.

I agree with this assessment, and I appreciate the response. I guess I'm just a little surprised that the Bills are as poor as they are at pressuring the QB. I know they don't have the best personnel in the league, but I am too hard headed to think that they can't figure out a way to do at least a little bit better than they are when it comes to getting a few sacks.

Edwards will be released at year end and the LB coach (and Gailey's buddy) Dave Wannstedt will take his place. I can't believe DW came back to the NFL to be a LB coach. Not buying that.

I have to think Wannstedt has a lot of pull on that D. I always got the impression that DW was brought in to basically be the defacto DC while Edwards learns from a more experienced hand. Which if that's true than DW isn't doing that good of a job.

But if Edwards is still running the D for the most part, I think that its a blemish on the coaching staff for not having DW take over the D more.

Yeah, Moats, Batten, Shepp and Carrington are scary talented. I'm not saying that Edwards is any good but the Bills are lacking talent on defense as well and Buddy should take the blame for that.

Did you watch the draft. I think we drafted one or two DL men. How do you say blame buddy. Give it another year or two and the line gets better.

Did you watch the draft. I think we drafted one or two DL men. How do you say blame buddy. Give it another year or two and the line gets better.

That was actually a criticism leveled at Buddy immediately after the '11 draft. The argument was that while he got Dareus, he didn't finish the job in the 2nd round, but instead scratched that CB itch.

None of those guys that I mentioned would be starting (except Sheppard) if it wasn't for injury. I mean, you'd hope they could beat out Kelsay and Merriman. Where is the impact?

Kelsay-Dareus-Williams-Carrington

Moats-Barnett-Batten

I don't know if that leaves us any worse off than we are now.

I don't think that Moats or Batten can play 4-3 OLB with extensive coverage responsibilities. Ditto Merriman or Johnson or whomever they throw out there. I'm also not sure that Barnett is stout enough for 4-3 MLB (maybe). I agree that the DL is better suited to a 4-3 than 3-4. Hence the current "hybrid".

Also, I really don't think that it matters which alignment they play. They need to be better individually and more creative in their rush schemes to get anywhere. That's the real problem

Edited by vincec

After watching him. It seems he is not your typical outside backer. He seems to lack lateral movement.Can`t cover sweeps or a back in open field. Power rusher type of player.Looks to be better suited for DE.

Not hard to understand considering he was drafted to be a 3-4 DE...This OLB thing with Carrington is a mystery still...

I'll say it again...Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten, Darius, Willims, Shep, etc...You would think one of these guys by sheer dumb luck would already be standing-out...Up to this point though...Not so much... B-)

Not hard to understand considering he was drafted to be a 3-4 DE...This OLB thing with Carrington is a mystery still...

I'll say it again...Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten, Darius, Willims, Shep, etc...You would think one of these guys by sheer dumb luck would already be standing-out...Up to this point though...Not so much... B-)

You don't think Dareus has stood out, KOK? I think he's looked pretty damn good so far.

You don't think Dareus has stood out, KOK? I think he's looked pretty damn good so far.

He did today! That's for sure...Up until today I have to admit I've been just a little disappointed...Not to say he's played poorly because that would be inaccurate...But I thought the Kid's presence alone would make The Bills a better than average Defense...And before today I'd say they were definitely less than average...

I'm not going to get down on Dareus though...He's the least of my worries... B-)

After watching him. It seems he is not your typical outside backer. He seems to lack lateral movement.Can`t cover sweeps or a back in open field. Power rusher type of player.Looks to be better suited for DE.

That could be because he is a 300 lbs defensive end that the coaches decided was going to play linebacker.