AP source: Chargers G Dielman had seizure on plane

UConn James

A person with knowledge of the situation says San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl left guard Kris Dielman suffered a seizure on the flight home Sunday after sustaining a concussion in a loss to the New York Jets.

Dielman was hurt early in the fourth quarter but continued to play. The Chargers were out of offensive linemen due to other injuries.

Crazy scary.

There is such little margin available, and so injured players have additional pressure to get back on the field. The league wants to appear like they give a stevestojan about concussions? They really need to increase the roster size by 2 or 3 players... and more if they eventually plan on switching two of the preseason games to regular season.

I just don't get why practice squad players can't dress for games.

Crazy scary.

There is such little margin available, and so injured players have additional pressure to get back on the field. The league wants to appear like they give a stevestojan about concussions? They really need to increase the roster size by 2 or 3 players... and more if they eventually plan on switching two of the preseason games to regular season.

Forget practice squad players, how about allowing the full 53 man roster to dress.

Crazy scary.

Hopefully it's a wake up call. The NFL must change something with concussions. This is yet another player that has gone back in after a concussion in the last few weeks.

I have no problem with letting someone from the 8 inactives or PS replace anyone ruled out by an independent Dr.

Frankly I think that this is a major offense and I find the docs involved not being fined heavily or fired to be far worse than any other complaint about the discipline goodell has laid out.