Top Earners Double Share Of National Wealth

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/us/politics/top-earners-doubled-share-of-nations-income-cbo-says.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

WASHINGTON — The top 1 percent of earners more than doubled their share of the nation’s income over the last three decades, the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday, in a new report likely to figure prominently in the escalating political fight over how to revive the economy, create jobs and lower the federal debt.

In addition, the report said, government policy has become less redistributive since the late 1970s, doing less to reduce the concentration of income.

“The equalizing effect of federal taxes was smaller” in 2007 than in 1979, as “the composition of federal revenues shifted away from progressive income taxes to less-progressive payroll taxes,” the budget office said.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Check the top column . Why the f do you care what any one makes? Get off your ass and make your own way. wah, wah, wah,... envious, jealous little trolls. You outta spend more time worrying about the real robber barons that jack you for about %50 of your paycheck every week.

Edited by Dante

yes but llok at all the jobs these robber barons created....oh, wait :angry:

Which robber-barons again? And who else is creating jobs?

Yes, people like me who bust our asses owning businesses should apologize for being successful. :wallbash:

People like you should apologize just for being you, you racist dumbass.

because i know a lot more of the bottom 99 and like them more.

You vilify people you don't like? And more the to point you vilify people you don't like whom you've never met? Just because they make a lot of money? Dumb, drunk and pissed off is now way to go through life son.

Edited by Chef Jim

hit me with your best shot..oops, wrong thread.

Wait, I'm confused...is it you or ....lybob that thinks all corporations are EEEEEEVIIIIILLLLLL! Because whichever one of you that is, that's who I want to exploit...

Ah, !@#$ it. I'll just exploit both of you.

Wait, I'm confused...is it you or ....lybob that thinks all corporations are EEEEEEVIIIIILLLLLL! Because whichever one of you that is, that's who I want to exploit...

Ah, !@#$ it. I'll just exploit both of you.

you are a corporation? you've been listening to romney haven't you?

Yes, other than a stupid answer.

hyperbole? maybe. stupid? if you say so. the point is, that in general, self service and promotion are the highest priorities of this group, often at a high price to everyone else. i dislike this about many in the bottom stratum but at least it's understandable. survival instincts and greed are very different things.

hyperbole? maybe. stupid? if you say so. the point is, that in general, self service and promotion are the highest priorities of this group, often at a high price to everyone else. i dislike this about many in the bottom stratum but at least it's understandable. survival instincts and greed are very different things.

So is this from personal experience with the 1% or what you've heard/read?