George Wilson rips Toronto

sullim4

Will Chris Brown report on this? Doubtful

http://nationalpost.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20111026131634782764508

He says the support the Bills get in Toronto is "night and day" compared to playing in Buffalo. Wilson adds fans at the Rogers Centre are there to attend "a show" rather than take in a football game. He also expresses disappointment over the number of fans wearing opposing team's jerseys.

Updated link to give JW the byline... ESPN put its AFC East blogger in the article so I thought he wrote it...

Edited by sullim4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big supporter of the IDEA of regionalization. A large fan base encompassing Buffalo, Rochester and Toronto could help keep the Bills in WNY for decades to come.

Unfortunately, the REALITY of regionalization isn't everything we might hope for. The lukewarm love the Bills receive in TO is disappointing. A shame the players feel it. Maybe more love will come as years go by.

Will Chris Brown report on this? Doubtful

http://nationalpost.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20111026131634782764508

Updated link to give JW the byline... ESPN put its AFC East blogger in the article so I thought he wrote it...

ATTA BOY GEORGE. Finally, someone with some nuts to say what almost all Bills fans really think of this debacle.

AMEN!!! :beer:

Hell, I might buy a Wilson jersey because of this!

Edited by Lv-Bills

and here's the full story that just moved.

Full story

jw

and to be fair to George, he wasn't "ripping" Toronto or its residents, simply the general lack of support the Bills get in a "home" game at the Rogers Centre as compared to playing at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Edited by john wawrow

Doesn't sound like a "rip" to me either, but I think he SHOULD rip them. If those F'ers are gonna keep cheering for the opposition, then they can go suck it. If I were playing for the Bills, I'd call them out too. I love Toronto, but screw the "fans" there.

The series is scheduled to end next year with a preseason and a regular-season game, though both sides have expressed interest in renewing the deal.

John, why do you suppose there is interest on renewing the deal from the Toronto side? Haven't they pretty much been swindled by Ralph on this?

John, why do you suppose there is interest on renewing the deal from the Toronto side? Haven't they pretty much been swindled by Ralph on this?

Swindlied, shmindled. Ted Rogers drove a Brinks truck to Ralph's door and said "take it, it's yours."

PTR

It's not a knock on those who support the Bills living in Toronto, but a general jab at the people who put this turd-burger together. It is stupid to think a team can play some home games elsewhere and get the same result.

The idea of the Bills playing a "home" game in Toronto makes me violently ill, it is a black eye to the loyal fans who cherish this team and an insult to those Canadian fans to cram our team down their throats as a local commodity.

I hope to hell they don't extend this abomination, and it's the only game on the schedule I don't watch or listen to, and really don't mind if they lose. I want the loss to be a statement to our idiot owner that this moronic idea is actually handicapping his team. It just makes me resent him(Ralph Wilson) for kicking the loyal fan-base in the nuts for a cash grab.

In my eyes, the Bills play a 15 game live schedule, and we start the year out 0-1 automatically... F-ing idiotic.

I think a lot will change once the Bills improve. In fact I expect some real fan support this time because the Bills are no longer the joke of the NFL. Look at it from Toronto's view. A crappy team shows up and expects you to pay 5X what it costs to see the same team an hour away, where you can party and tailgate to your heart's content, even if the team loses. I don't read much into the lack of ticket sales. That's more Rogers' fault the way they tried to gouge people at the start.

Like my old boss used to say..."Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered."

PTR

Considering the Bucs played a "home" game in England, and the NFL wants more international games, a "home" game in Toronto isn't so bad.

Yes but the Bucs don't have to play that game every year and the next time they do it will likely count as one of their "road" games.