Holland NY Girls Soccer team Shafted

Hammered a Lot

I think my argument shows I care for them in a different way. I prepare them for adulthood you coddle them to make the "feel good". Your attitude is why many kids are unprepared for the real world. I care for them for the long term you care for them today. You care about their feelings I care about building their attitude and personality for the long haul. So based on that, who cares more?

Letting them have the opportunity that they've earned is "coddling" them? And don't waste your time slinging the rest of that horsehockey in an attempt to convince me you actually care for them. :lol:

You might be a miserable bastard, but I don't believe that you're stupid enough to really believe that giving them the shaft for doing nothing wrong is somehow preparing them for life. The only lesson they're learning here is that some people are over-officious jerks who will happily screw over innocent kids in order to satisfy their own need for mindless rigidity. I hope what they take from it is that they never want to be like that when they grow up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting them have the opportunity that they've earned is "coddling" them? And don't waste your time slinging the rest of that horsehockey in an attempt to convince me you actually care for them. :lol:

You might be a miserable bastard, but I don't believe that you're stupid enough to really believe that giving them the shaft for doing nothing wrong is somehow preparing them for life. The only lesson they're learning here is that some people are over-officious jerks who will happily screw over innocent kids in order to satisfy their own need for mindless rigidity. I hope what they take from it is that they never want to be like that when they grow up.

Simon, you're a !@#$ing idiot. And you can go back and look at all my posts if you want since day one and I typically don't call people names. But here....it fits.

I don't care about kids? Really?!?!

I'm a miserable bastard? Really?!?!

Happily screw over innocent kids? Really?!?!?

In order to satisfy their own need for mindless rigidity? Really?!?!

I think in 10-20 years everyone of those kids is going to look back at this as a positive event. You on the otherhand will still be handing out trophies to the last place finishers because...well because they finished.

I'll take my spin on this every day.

Simon, you're a !@#$ing idiot.

I think that's a copyright infringement.....

I think in 10-20 years everyone of those kids is going to look back at this as a positive event.

:o What color is the sky in your world?

You on the otherhand will still be handing out trophies to the last place finishers because...well because they finished.

Actually I've never done nor supported that.

But I imagine you'll be the one canceling those same kids' tournaments because the league director ordered the wrong colored socks. That'll teach those kids a lesson that they'll appreciate later on! :lol:

I think that's a copyright infringement.....

:o What color is the sky in your world?

Actually I've never done nor supported that.

But I imagine you'll be the one canceling those same kids' tournaments because the league director ordered the wrong colored socks. That'll teach those kids a lesson that they'll appreciate later on! :lol:

I'd much rather have my kid say "dad, that's a pretty crappy thing that happened but I understand" rather than "daaaaaaaaady...do something!" But that's just me.

I think my argument shows I care for them in a different way. I prepare them for adulthood you coddle them to make the "feel good". Your attitude is why many kids are unprepared for the real world. I care for them for the long term you care for them today. You care about their feelings I care about building their attitude and personality for the long haul. So based on that, who cares more?

I think over-officious jerk was a good description for this dribble. Lesson: It's impossible to reason with the unreasonable.