• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He does.

173906[/snapback]

I don't know. Manning and Brees are locks. The third one, I think, should be Trent Green.

Way more yards, completions and TD passes. Only two more picks. Fewer sacks. Higher rating. Has had to produce with his star running back out of the lineup much of the season. Lousy receiving corps.

Sure, Big Ben plays for a winner, but we are talking about an individual award.

I don't know. Manning and Brees are locks. The third one, I think, should be Trent Green.

Way more yards, completions and TD passes. Only two more picks. Fewer sacks. Higher rating. Has had to produce with his star running back out of the lineup much of the season. Lousy receiving corps.

173916[/snapback]

Plus, he doesn't get to face his own defense when it counts.

Over Manning, Brees, Green, and even Brady?

I'm a Big Ben fan (desperately wanted the Bills to move up and draft him) but he doesn't quite deserve the nod this year. Not to worry though, he'll be going to plenty of pro-bowls in the future.

173914[/snapback]

I didn't say he deserved to start, but he does deserve Pro Bowl consideration.

173916[/snapback]

Hey if Champ Bailey is going b/c he's had a good career at his position and has earned respect over the time he's been playing then Tom Brady should be going. Maybe he doesn't have the best numbers....but as of right now, he's the best field general in the game. *

* Other than last week

Chump Bailey gets burned on a weekly basis. The Very essence of his game is overrated. This Season I'd definitly take Nate Clements over Bailey. my afc corners this season would be Clements/Townsend?(I think thats the pitt corner)The fact that John Lynch is going is a joke also. What the hell has john lynch done this season as far as what I've seen the best safeties this year have been Milloy and Ed Reed. I say Milloy because of what he's done since coming back from injury and drastically our defense has improved since than. If he's healthy from week 1 on I think he's a lock for the pro bowl.

173916[/snapback]

Good points - I forgot about Green. He has put up monster numbers, and you can make an argument for him over Brady as well.

I don't agree with this notion that Rothlisberger has been carried by his team (because it is basically the same team as last year save from Staley & Lebeau) but I don't see how you can say he's had a better year than Green or Brady.

Good points - I forgot about Green.  He has put up monster numbers, and you can make an argument for him over Brady as well. 

I don't agree with this notion that Rothlisberger has been carried by his team (because it is basically the same team as last year save from Staley & Lebeau) but I don't see how you can say he's had a better year than Green or Brady.

174000[/snapback]

He has been carried quite a bit by his team.

BR's Stats

Thrown for under 200 yards 10 times.

Thrown for under 180 yards 7 times.

The most passes he's attempted is 28 - last week vs the Giants. 10 times he's attempted fewer than 24 passes in a game.

He's not being asked to do a lot but he has come through when he's asked.