Bold Statement/ Prediction

if Our Defense Struggles against the Redskins... Win or Lose...We limp into the play-off at 9-7 or will miss the play-off at 8-8...

BUT IF ... Our Defense Has a dominating performance again the Skins, we go into the play-off at 11-5 no worse than 10-6 ....

in 2 weeks...if George, Dave and Chan cant come up with creative ways to get to the QB...we are in trouble...

9-7 makes the playoffs now? I really don't see us in the playoffs unless we get 11, ten would be a blessing.

Especially in the AFC. There's no NFC West in this conference where the division winner is .500 (hopefully the 49ers change that trend this year).

I just posted something similar in another thread, but don't mind repeating it here:

We ARE getting to the quarterback we just:

2. Faced back to back quarterbacks who eluded the pressure exceedingly well
  3. Are succeeding at getting hurries and knockdowns, not sacks.

So far this season we've gone up against Cassel, Campbell, Brady, Dalton, Vick and Manning. Beck is overwhelming inferior to each and every one of those quarterbacks. The Washington running attack will be overwhelming inferior to each and every ground game we've gone against this season. I don't see how our defense does anything but dominate this Washington team. Of course, I've been wrong before...

At this point, both the AFC South and West appear to be "one team only" playoff divisions. The teams are beating each other up and likely the division champs will be the only teams to get into postseason.

This means you've got six teams fighting for four spots -- NE*, BUF, NYJ, BAL, PIT, and CIN. Yes, the Browns are 3-3, but let's be serious.

NE* and BAL are the clear division frontrunners. The key for Buffalo will be to split with the Jets and sweep Miami, while winning their home games against Tennessee and Denver. Hopefully Pitt and Cincy beat each other up, and Baltimore thumps them both.

10-6 should get it done (a WC), which would include what I mention above plus one more W. Winning at San Diego or New England* would be best, but I'll take a win vs. Washington this week to start building momentum. The game at Dallas is insignificant unless the Bills truly intend to go on an 8-2 or 9-1 run the rest of the way and contend for the division.

I wouldn't pin our playoff hopes on 1 game. 10 games left and a non-conference loss wouldn't be as bad as say losing at home to Rex the following week.

Maybe Ryan and Brian can kick barefoot against the Jets. With any luck, that might take Rex off his game.