Went to The Lions Game Yesterday

wnyguy

The real question is - did you wear a Bills jersey on gameday?

I know you don't want to be the guy that everyone looks at and says "What the hell? That team isn't playing here this week. Wait, that team isn't playing AT ALL this week!" But it still seems too tempting not too :D

I'd love to go check out some games in other stadiums, in a dream world, I'd grab an RV take 16 weeks off and just travel with the Bills!

I was in Chicago last year during the weekend of the Bears-Patriots game with a buddy of mine so we ended up getting tickets to the game and of course I wore my Bills winter hat and after people realized it was not a Patriots hat they were more confused then anything lol. It was actually awesome, I had so many people asking me What brings a Bills fan from Buffalo down to Chicago for a Bears-Patriots game, a couple yells of Aaayyy Ayyyy Aayyyyy, and a couple people seemed to be in shock that Buffalo Bills fans do exist. I even felt like a mini-celebrity with all the attention I was getting. I would have a blast representing the Bills at random games but then I would be missing the Bills games so this is something that will probably never take off Haha...but it is fun for sure if you ever get the opportunity to go to a random game please do wear the red, white, and blue!!

I'd love to go check out some games in other stadiums, in a dream world, I'd grab an RV take 16 weeks off and just travel with the Bills!

Similar to my dream, to see a game in every stadium in one season. I figure with proper planning it could be done. The key is finding games close to each other, like Philly and the Meadowlands, plus going from one game on Sunday to the Monday night game. Or a Sunday 1pm game to the Sunday 8pm game.

I'd love to do a tour of NFL games/stadiums although football stadiums with the exceptions of Lambeau and Soldier Field don't really have a great deal of history. Arrowhead would also be a place we'd like to see because of its recent renovation and because of the Chiefs Hall of Honor.

In 1998 wifey and I took a drive to Detroit to see the old Tiger Stadium before it closed at the end of that year. I think it was August and they were playing the Orioles. It was one of the old bandbox stadiums and real fun to watch a game at. We brought a transistor radio and listened to the call of the game by the late Hall of Fame broadcaster, Ernie Harwell. As we were wandering around after the game we passed by the pressbox and were lucky enough to run into Harwell (think of the Tigers version of Van Miller) and got to chat with him.

A few years earlier I'd gone to Wrigley for a Cubs-Mets game. In 2008 we went to a Yankees-Mets game during the September of the final season of the old Yankee Stadium.

Fenway is next on the list.

Oddly the oldest stadiums in the NFL aside from Lambeau and Soldier are in California which is kind of counter-intuitive. It's doubly odd that even though they are older stadiums, they have zero charm. Candlestick in SF, the Coliseum in Oakland, and Qualcomm in San Diego are all the old 1970s football/baseball stadiums with the movable lower section. All three stadiums are dumps compared to the modern stadiums being built today.

Similar to my dream, to see a game in every stadium in one season. I figure with proper planning it could be done. The key is finding games close to each other, like Philly and the Meadowlands, plus going from one game on Sunday to the Monday night game. Or a Sunday 1pm game to the Sunday 8pm game.

That seems like a fun thing to do in theory & a good conversation piece but when you get down to the nuts & bolts of the plan would it really be that much fun? I mean after tailgating in Philly & watching the 1pm game are you really going to want to get in your car & drive thru turnpike traffic & go to the swamp to watch the Jets play? You could say I wouldn't tailgate or I would take it easy but then your not getting the full experience. You better off doing this over a 2 year period. That way you could really enjoy yourself.