Cowher to the Dolphins?

BRAWNDO

Shula did it as well. :bag:

Parcells too with the Giants and the Patriots and very close with the Jets (AFC Championship game).

Dan Reeves sends his regards (Broncos/Falcons).

Holmgren

But how many have WON a championship with two different teams? I can only think of Weeb Ewbank, although the first ones with the Colts were before the SB era.

Ouch I misfired on my post. I was trying (and failed) to make the point that while those other guys all stayed in football in some regard either a GM or a coach on another team, Vermeil was the only one totally out of football (for a long time) and then came back and was successful.

Cowher was always an anti-franchise QB guy. He always liked the mediocre QB vets he had in Pittsburgh, and was against the Steelers drafting anyone high at QB. I think his MO was good defense, good running game, and a decent vet at QB.

In fact, he was overruled in the draft room when they took Roethlesberger (he wanted Shawn Andrews!!).

Just mentioning that because the prospect of getting Andrew Luck might not be as appealing to him as it would to most.

It is an interesting fact that Cowher's only super bowl win is with Big Ben behind Center. It is also a coincidence that Dick LeBeau joined as the DC the same year Ben was drafted. We lost out on both counts.