Cowher to the Dolphins?

BRAWNDO

He's been out of the game completely for five years now. I doubt he comes back. Five years shows me he's happy doing what he's doing and making a ton of money doing it.

Should he try, my guess is it will go the way of Joe Gibbs and not Dick Vermeil. (only coach in NFL history to take two different teams to the Super Bowl.)

You can't just decided one day to coach again and expect five years of scheme innovation and evolution of the game not to be a big problem.

He's been out of the game completely for five years now. I doubt he comes back. Five years shows me he's happy doing what he's doing and making a ton of money doing it.

Should he try, my guess is it will go the way of Joe Gibbs and not Dick Vermeil. (only coach in NFL history to take two different teams to the Super Bowl.)

You can't just decided one day to coach again and expect five years of scheme innovation and evolution of the game not to be a big problem.

Plus Gailey knows Cowher from coaching together, I think that is advantage Gailey.

If Miami ends up with the number 1 pick in the draft, Cowher will be the HC of the Dolphins. Nothing like going to a franchise in a position to pick the best collegiate QB prospect since Peyton Manning. Most coaches want a QB in place and I heard that's why many turned down the Bills. No QB, no sustainable success. I'm sure Shanahan regrets his decision to go to the Redskins.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ParcBi0.htm

Not to be that guy.... :rolleyes:

Cowhers' situation is a little different. Don't forget, he is still relatively young, and, his wife died in that five year time period. If not for that, he likely would have come back sooner. On TV, he doesn't strike me like Gruden, or even Dungy, guys who enjoy hearing themselves talk. Cowher is a football coach, and will be again. I think Cowher will come back. I don't think it will be the Dolphins (flakey ownership), but I could picture him in Philly, Houston, Chicago or NY Giants. All have coaches who are always on thin ice.

http://www.pro-footb...hes/ParcBi0.htm

Not to be that guy.... :rolleyes:

Shula did it as well. :bag:

Dan Reeves sends his regards (Broncos/Falcons).

If Miami ends up with the number 1 pick in the draft, Cowher will be the HC of the Dolphins. Nothing like going to a franchise in a position to pick the best collegiate QB prospect since Peyton Manning. Most coaches want a QB in place and I heard that's why many turned down the Bills. No QB, no sustainable success. I'm sure Shanahan regrets his decision to go to the Redskins.

Im thinking it's more likely Gruden.

Cowher was always an anti-franchise QB guy. He always liked the mediocre QB vets he had in Pittsburgh, and was against the Steelers drafting anyone high at QB. I think his MO was good defense, good running game, and a decent vet at QB.

In fact, he was overruled in the draft room when they took Roethlesberger (he wanted Shawn Andrews!!).

Just mentioning that because the prospect of getting Andrew Luck might not be as appealing to him as it would to most.