Who is in play if the Rams end up with the #1 pick?

Beerball

Ponder looked poised and seemed to see the field pretty well yesterday. I was impressed.

However, if St. Louis was willing to take Luck regardless of Bradford, couldn't we surmise that Kevin Kolb and Blaine Gabbert would not be compelling enough reasons not to draft Luck?

I'm not buying that having a promising, young QB would be a deterrent to drafting luck.

Well, you don't sign the checks ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough call but I'll simply say that the 2nd or 3rd worst team that needs a QB will make the move ahead of whoever is the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Simply, if the Colts are the 31st in the league and Miami is the 28th then Miami will offer 2 years worth of picks for luck.

It's a tough call but I'll simply say that the 2nd or 3rd worst team that needs a QB will make the move ahead of whoever is the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Simply, if the Colts are the 31st in the league and Miami is the 28th then Miami will offer 2 years worth of picks for luck.

I think the Colts have the best shot at the Number 1. And I think they would take Luck without hesitation. Mannings injury isnt to be taken lightly and he isnt young by any stretch..

Possibly so. Though the fact that the Colts won that championship five years ago, and the team has been crumbling around Peyton since then, suggests that excessive fixation on the QB to solve everything can blind a team's management to mounting problems.

Are you serious? Crumbling around him? Let's see:

2006 Super Bowl Champions

2007 13-3

2008 12-4

2009 14-2

2010 10-6

Wow, if that is crumbling, then what do you call what the rest of the NFL has been doing, as I am sure if they don't have the most wins in that time frame they are in the top 2 or 3. There is and probably never has been a more valuable QB in the NFL. Look what the Pats did when Brady missed 15 and 3/4 of a games, they still had a really good season. Look what the Colts are doing without Manning. If your quote is accurate, I sure wish the Bills would start crumbling around Fitz. Enough said.

I can think of a 4 year $25 mill guaranteed reason why they would be interested in trading that $50 mill reason to the #2, #3 or #4 over pick and taking the 4 year $25 mill Luck themselves. Money-wise it would even make sense to do it for the #34 overall pick. You just freed up a ton of salary room and you arguably get a better QB.

It isn't as easy as just saying trade away that $50 guarantee, you can't force a team to trade with you. Who would take on that contract for a quarterback being dumped by a bad team? At the time it was signed it was the biggest contract in NFL history, not that easy to get another team to take it on.

Ponder looked fantastic yesterday. If he can keep that up Minny looks pretty good. Zona and Jacksonville also have committed to young QBs with a high investment rencently.

Colts will Take him or Miami. San Fran would love a shot at him or Seattle but they wont be close enough

Kevin Kolb is not (relatively) young.

It isn't as easy as just saying trade away that $50 guarantee, you can't force a team to trade with you. Who would take on that contract for a quarterback being dumped by a bad team? At the time it was signed it was the biggest contract in NFL history, not that easy to get another team to take it on.

Really? I thought if you but a message on a message board the trade just happens in real life and that's all it takes.

No ****.

A team that misses out on Landry or Luck might be willing to take Bradford at a late first or second round "discount". They can work on an "extension" that will rebalance the money. Bradford and his agent might not mind if he gets more upfront money. It's a no brainer for the team getting Bradford, and its a no brainer for the Lambs because they save some serious cabbage.

(Its less likely for the Lambs to go to Bradford and say, "Hey Dude WTF, We're still 1-15, You arse needs a pay cut." It shows a lack of commitment and has all kinds of personal problems. A new team can say "Hey Dude, you got a sick deal but we can't afford that. We'll give you some more upfront cabbage if we can restructure the recurring costs.")

It's really not that far fetched. The only problem is, my money is on the Colts for #1 overall.

I think the Lambs will pull out a few Ws, so the scenario won't play out.

The question is "Who is in play if the Rams end up with #1 pick."

The Answer is "Luck is still in play."

Kevin Kolb is not (relatively) young.

27 is young for a QB, he still has at least 8 more years of QBing in the NFL, if he is any good.

Edited by Why So Serious?