Who is in play if the Rams end up with the #1 pick?

Beerball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks that the fact the Rams are still awful after drafting a "Franchise QB" should give us all pause on assuming that drafting a franchise QB will solve all of a team's problems?

No, you aren't.

But somehow someone will conclude it means Bradford must not be that good. He is that good. The rest of the Rams is that bad.

These are the same people whose desire to bathe Newton is blinding them to the fact that 'Lina is still 2-5 despite Cam's heroics.

All hail me, the thread killer! :lol:

You still share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.

Am I the only one who thinks that the fact the Rams are still awful after drafting a "Franchise QB" should give us all pause on assuming that drafting a franchise QB will solve all of a team's problems?

An Peyton Manning's injury proves the opposite. They win the SB with Manning. They cannot win a game without him. A true Franchise QB is worth their weight in gold.

With the new CBA the #1 pick will be out there waiting for the best offer. What teams will make a hard charge for it, and what will it take to move up to #1?

Obvious contenders:

miami

Minnesota

Colts

KC

Seahawks

Looking at the rest of the schedule for the bottom feeders, I would put my money on the Colts finishing with the worst record, and with Peyton's age and injuries, would most likey take Luck if he comes out. It would actually be the perfect situtation for him, playing behind maybe the best QB ever, and regardless of how they are playing, they are not without talent there either.

An Peyton Manning's injury proves the opposite. They win the SB with Manning. They cannot win a game without him. A true Franchise QB is worth their weight in gold.

Possibly so. Though the fact that the Colts won that championship five years ago, and the team has been crumbling around Peyton since then, suggests that excessive fixation on the QB to solve everything can blind a team's management to mounting problems.

An Peyton Manning's injury proves the opposite.  They win the SB with Manning.   They cannot win a game without him.   A true Franchise QB is worth their weight in gold.

Given Peyton Mannings's weight (230lbs) and the current price of gold ($1,654.25); that puts his worth at $6,087,640. (assuming I can do basic math... not always a good assumption) Hence, I would say a true franchise QB is worth considerably more than their weight in gold. We may want to say he's worth his weight in rhodium; however, I still think that's underestimating a true franchise QBs value. Besides it just sounds weird.

Given Peyton Mannings's weight (230lbs) and the current price of gold ($1,654.25); that puts his worth at $6,087,640. (assuming I can do basic math... not always a good assumption) Hence, I would say a true franchise QB is worth considerably more than their weight in gold. We may want to say he's worth his weight in rhodium; however, I still think that's underestimating a true franchise QBs value. Besides it just sounds weird.

I'm really glad you broke this down because I was actually wondering the exact value haha

I can think of $78 million reasons why ($50 million guaranteed reasons why).

I can think of a 4 year $25 mill guaranteed reason why they would be interested in trading that $50 mill reason to the #2, #3 or #4 over pick and taking the 4 year $25 mill Luck themselves. Money-wise it would even make sense to do it for the #34 overall pick. You just freed up a ton of salary room and you arguably get a better QB.

I agree with Hopeful (disagree with RJ and Dave, sorry fellas) that Bradford is a good player.

Their OC from last year, Pat Shurmur became the Browns Head Coach. The Rams have had tons of injuries on offense and I think more than Bradford, it's just one of those train wreck-type seasons which happens to teams.

That said, I'm not saying that they shouldn't consider Luck were he to become available to them… just that I think Bradford is gonna be a real good quarterback.

As for Indy, there's a chance that Manning never plays again and regardless, he's near the end of his career. The Colts have to take Luck if they can.

Miami is a no brainer… they would take Luck.

Minnesota, Arizona, and Jacksonville are also in the "Suck for Luck Derby" as each of those teams has only 1 win.

I agree with Hopeful (disagree with RJ and Dave, sorry fellas) that Bradford is a good player.

Their OC from last year, Pat Shurmur became the Browns Head Coach. The Rams have had tons of injuries on offense and I think more than Bradford, it's just one of those train wreck-type seasons which happens to teams.

With Josh McDaniels as the engineer?

That said, I'm not saying that they shouldn't consider Luck were he to become available to them… just that I think Bradford is gonna be a real good quarterback.

As for Indy, there's a chance that Manning never plays again and regardless, he's near the end of his career. The Colts have to take Luck if they can.

Minnesota, Arizona, and Jacksonville are also in the "Suck for Luck Derby" as each of those teams has only 1 win.

Ponder looked fantastic yesterday. If he can keep that up Minny looks pretty good. Zona and Jacksonville also have committed to young QBs with a high investment rencently.

Colts will Take him or Miami. San Fran would love a shot at him or Seattle but they wont be close enough

Ponder looked fantastic yesterday. If he can keep that up Minny looks pretty good. Zona and Jacksonville also have committed to young QBs with a high investment rencently.

Colts will Take him or Miami. San Fran would love a shot at him or Seattle but they wont be close enough

Ponder looked poised and seemed to see the field pretty well yesterday. I was impressed.

However, if St. Louis was willing to take Luck regardless of Bradford, couldn't we surmise that Kevin Kolb and Blaine Gabbert would not be compelling enough reasons not to draft Luck?

I'm not buying that having a promising, young QB would be a deterrent to drafting luck.

No worries, SJ. I think you misread my posts. I do not think that Bradford is bad. My point is that even though he is pretty good, the Rams are still scraping the bottom of the league, which is an indication that putting all one's eggs in the Franchise QB basket can be problematic, Whoever drafts Andrew Luck will have to draft a lot of players around him as well....