Who is in play if the Rams end up with the #1 pick?

Beerball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough call but I'll simply say that the 2nd or 3rd worst team that needs a QB will make the move ahead of whoever is the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Simply, if the Colts are the 31st in the league and Miami is the 28th then Miami will offer 2 years worth of picks for luck.

It's a tough call but I'll simply say that the 2nd or 3rd worst team that needs a QB will make the move ahead of whoever is the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Simply, if the Colts are the 31st in the league and Miami is the 28th then Miami will offer 2 years worth of picks for luck.

Or maybe they trade Bradford for Miami's first.

Luck will be cheaper (and better)

I think the seahawks want Luck badly but they will be too far away to get him IMO. Sadly I think Miami ends up with him

This was my thought as well. I see the talent in Seattle that would enable them to be a contender with some seasoning and health on the OL and a real QB. Marshawn has been excellent when healthy and their D is very, very strong. I'm actually thinking it's the Colts. Let Manning groom his successor.

Don't see why the Rams wouldn't just take Luck themselves. Bradford has been good but I'd take Luck over him any day.

Yep, I wouldn't rule that out. I mean, if the team is picking #1 overall again two years after you were drafted #1 overall, maybe you aren't a franchise QB.

Yep, I wouldn't rule that out. I mean, if the team is picking #1 overall again two years after you were drafted #1 overall, maybe you aren't a franchise QB.

Am I the only one who thinks that the fact the Rams are still awful after drafting a "Franchise QB" should give us all pause on assuming that drafting a franchise QB will solve all of a team's problems?

With the new CBA the #1 pick will be out there waiting for the best offer. What teams will make a hard charge for it, and what will it take to move up to #1?

Obvious contenders:

miami

Minnesota

Colts

KC

Seahawks

If the Rams are at #1, I think you count teams like Indy, Minn, and KC out, all of which have pretty good QB situations.

I think you'll see some middle-of-the-pack teams make strong plays--e.g., Browns, Skins.

But I'd say the top-three favorites to get Luck, in order of likelihood are:

1) San Fran (Luck could even engineer this)

2) Miami

3) Seattle

If the Rams are at #1, I think you count teams like Indy, Minn, and KC out, all of which have pretty good QB situations.

I think you'll see some middle-of-the-pack teams make strong plays--e.g., Browns, Skins.

2) Miami

3) Seattle

The team with the top pick would never trade Luck to San Fran. At best, they'd get a late first round pick this year and two mid-to-late first rounders over the next two. That trade won't happen.

The team with the top pick would never trade Luck to San Fran. At best, they'd get a late first round pick this year and two mid-to-late first rounders over the next two. That trade won't happen.

All things being equal, you're right. But if Luck were to play hardball a la Eli Manning, he could make that trade happen. I also think Harbaugh would pretty much trade away two drafts for the guy.

2) Miami

3) Seattle

Why would you count Indy out?? If they are picking number one, of course they are taking Luck. Why on earth wouldn't they. If they are #2 they will trade up. It's not even sure if MAnning will play agian. Even if he does, he won't last long.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Why would you count Indy out?? If they are picking number one, of course they are taking Luck. Why on earth wouldn't they. If they are #2 they will trade up. It's not even sure if MAnning will play agian. Even if he does, he won't last long.

I am assuming the Rams end up with the #1 pick (based on OP's post).

But if Colts have the #2 pick, it changes the dynamic totally. Under that scenario, I can't see them giving up the farm AND giving up on Manning.

Am I the only one who thinks that the fact the Rams are still awful after drafting a "Franchise QB" should give us all pause on assuming that drafting a franchise QB will solve all of a team's problems?

Cam Newton has certainly fixed a couple problems in Carolina. That guy is a beast.

Could you imagine having to play both Brady and Luck four times a year... :censored:

Brady's years are numbered, even if he is close to his peak. And I seem to remember Miami having a decent QB we faced 8 times in the regular seasons of our four super bowl years.

But yes, I hope he doesn't land in south Florida, and was upset with the Tebow rally increasing the likelihood of that result.