Cool story from Sporting News

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-20/what-makes-bills-tick-football-fun-food-and-fitzgerald

And the author ain't kidding about Uncle Joe's. It's been a home opener tradition for AiO, me, and whoever else cares to join for 10 years now. Our waitress this year said her husband was an ex-Bill who now works for the NFL making sure everyone's uniform conforms to league policy. She didn't say who, but I was thinking Joe Devlin or Ken Jones based on the years she said he played.

Sounds like those guys have a good time together.

Funny that the URL says "Fitzgerald."

lol, first thing i noticed as well

Great article. This is the type of stuff Ive been waiting to hear about our team (and specifically OL) for years now. It shouldnt mean much towards performance on the field, but it does. The better these guys know each other, the better they will play as a unit.

Edited by DrDareustein

I wouldn't say this kind of thing is unusual on the team in years past. Just may not have seen black and white. I do remember some postings here from people over the years who have seen the OL and/or QBs doing stuff together. To attribute the success on the field to bonding stuff like this, as is posted below the article-proper, is a little disingenuous. I'd venture to say that every NFL team has some version of this; people get together to eat outside of work and they shoot the stevestojan.

It's a nice color piece/vignette.