Armond White~Worst Critic Ever?

SelmonSmith6378

Okay, considering I like the Dungeons and Dragons movie, maybe I shouldn;t be the one to talk about crappy critics. However, WAY more often than not, I give widley loved movies the respect they deserve. Armond White does neither. White is rpobably the dumbest man to ever touch a keyboard ever. If you don;t agree with me, here's a list of the movies he loves and hates:

Great Movies he Hates:

The King's Speech

Lord of the Rings

3:10 to Yuma

Batman Begins

The Wolfman

Precious

X-Men: First Class

Toy Story 3

Knocked Up

Iron Man

Gran Torino

The Matrix

Up

Star Trek

District 9

Repo Men

Jennifer's Body

Crap Movies He Applauds:

Clash of the Titans

Norbit

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Bedtime Stories

Grown Ups

Land of the Lost

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

Jonah Hex

Here are some quotes from this genius of cinema:

On Clash of the Titans:

"Leterrier certainly shows a better sense of meaningful, economic narrative than the mess that Peter Jackson made of the interminable, incoherent Lord of the Rings trilogy."

On GI Joe

" G.I. Joe must be understood as an authentic measurement of our cultural values. Its appeal to the pop-commercial synapses also demonstrates livelier filmmaking than such utter banality as Iron Man and Star Trek and Harry Potter's Half-Blooded Chintz."

On Toy Story 3:

" Toy Story 3 is so besotted with brand names and product-placement that it stops being about the innocent pleasures of imagination -- the usefulness of toys -- and strictly celebrates consumerism."

On Precious

" Winfrey, Perry and Daniels make an unholy triumvirate. They come together at some intersection of race exploitation and opportunism."

On District 9

" District 9 represents the sloppiest and dopiest pop cinema -- the kind that comes from a second-rate film culture."

This is what happens when film students graduate. They realize they have no marketable skills, then start writing crap like...

On GI Joe

" G.I. Joe must be understood as an authentic measurement of our cultural values. Its appeal to the pop-commercial synapses also demonstrates livelier filmmaking than such utter banality as Iron Man and Star Trek and Harry Potter's Half-Blooded Chintz."

Followed by

On Toy Story 3:

" Toy Story 3 is so besotted with brand names and product-placement that it stops being about the innocent pleasures of imagination -- the usefulness of toys -- and strictly celebrates consumerism."

Without understanding that Toy Story 3, with its brand names and product placement, must be understood as an authentic measurement of our cultural values...

"Crap Movies He Applauds:

Clash of the Titans

Norbit

Bedtime Stories

Grown Ups

Land of the Lost

Jonah Hex"

Has to be a joke

"Crap Movies He Applauds:

Clash of the Titans

Norbit

Bedtime Stories

Grown Ups

Land of the Lost

Jonah Hex"

Has to be a joke

Possibly, but I doubt it. I just think he's a moron. The only reason the New York Post still has him as their top critic is because he attracts so much attention with his idiotic statements. There are actual PETITIONS whose goals are to get this troll out of the bridge.

Dude, am I crazy or did YOU call Jennifer's Body a "great" movie. If that is in fact the case, I would have to question your film judgment more so than this fellow's.

It wasn't a masterpiece, but I thought it was pretty good. WAAAAAAAAAY better than expected. ANd BTW, ROger Ebert thought it was great too.