Will you say yes to this

plenzmd1

So, wife just points out this story to me on find a friend..looks like the new Iphone has a GPS app that can track another user if they give permission.

http://gma.yahoo.com/cheating-heart-iphone-app-finds-wife-another-man-140300843.html

Thankfully, we both use BB, and so not an issue..but i am sure this is going to provide some akward moments in countless relationships..I already told her no way would I do that, and she has the same feelings..but maybe that is cause we are old and this is just to Orwellian.

Try to be honest here..what would you say if your spouse or significant other wanted you to turn this on?

OTOH, poor kiddies are fried when they they try to lie to me first time about being at the movies when they out boozing :pirate::thumbsup: They are just not going to have an option LOL

Edited by plenzmd1

So, wife just points out this story to me on find a friend..looks like the new Iphone has a GPS app that can track another user if they give permission.

http://gma.yahoo.com/cheating-heart-iphone-app-finds-wife-another-man-140300843.html

Thankfully, we both use BB, and so not an issue..but i am sure this is going to provide some akward moments in countless relationships..I already told her no way would I do that, and she has the same feelings..but maybe that is cause we are old and this is just to Orwellian.

Try to be honest here..what would you say if your spouse or significant other wanted you to turn this on?

OTOH, poor kiddies are fried when they they try to lie to me first time about being at the movies when they out boozing :pirate::thumbsup: They are just not going to have an option LOL

The man was back with a new post less than an hour later, including a couple of screen grabs showing the location of his wife was on East 65th St., though she sent him a text message saying, "Was hard to find stupid cab hate meat packing...."

The husband again: "She said she is in meat packing district which is on 12th street.

Oh, she was in the "meat packing district" alright. :thumbsup:

I have no need for this. The moment my wife or I lose trust in each other to this level, the marriage is over anyway.

Trying to police relationships through fear and distrust is a guaranteed formula for disaster.

Absolutely the case. Besides this app leaves a wide berth for misinterpretation or simple wrong information. I would be very sad to find out that my spouse would even feel the need to ask. Our relationship is built on trust. Bsides she has plenty of eyes and ears out there already. I'm not likely to get away with anything technology or not.

So you have a choice whether to let a friend track you or not? How wonderful.

Now do you have a choice to prevent the Government from tracking you if they so please? How about opting out of Apple tracking you, or your service provider? Or opting out of an Apple or service provider tracking you and providing the information to a 3rd party?

The "Find iPhone/iPad" app is available as part of iOS 5, already installed. It allows you to see where all your geotrackable iDevices on a single account are at any time, and you can send a message to them, wipe their memory, or send a signal so they make a noise.

The Find my Friend App is something that allows you to track other people who agree to be tracked.

As others have said, if this is an issue with your significant other, your relationship is already screwed. And if you want to see and be seen by your friends, you need to get over yourself.

Edited by John Adams

So you have a choice whether to let a friend track you or not? How wonderful.

Now do you have a choice to prevent the Government from tracking you if they so please? How about opting out of Apple tracking you, or your service provider? Or opting out of an Apple or service provider tracking you and providing the information to a 3rd party?

Apple and your service provider already have the capability to track you. Selling the information is a distinct issue but one only a decision away.

You can opt out of having a cell phone.