Maybin has 0.5 less sacks than our entire team

deep2evans

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin with big 3rd down sack against Chargers. He lined up against Ryan Matthews and easily got around him. Beating Matthews isn't that impressive, but the Jets do a great job of putting him on the field in situations where he won't be trying to get around an OT.

Very, very fair to ask why the Bills failed so badly at putting him on the field in situations where his weaknesses would be masked and his strengths be maximized.

Sorry, this really pisses me off. Look forward to the defense of our geniuses upstairs (Gailey and Nix).

We put him in a scheme he didn't play at Penn State

Okay. So:

First off, Maybin has 3 FF and 3 sacks in 4 games. Name me who, on the Bills, has that.

But that isn't even really my point. The Bills missed on drafting him, I agree. the Bills also MISSED in being able to put a player, with considerable raw talents, on the field in situations where his weaknesses would be masked and his strengths would be maximized.

So what? You're telling me he just was a terrible player on the Bills, but he gets traded to a division rival and all of a sudden he becomes good? Like the Jets just got lucky? So no blame goes on the Bills' FO? And explain to me how the Jets somehow have the luxury of taking chances on players like Maybin and the Bills don't?

I really don't understand how you can look at what Maybin has done so far and not at the very least, raise eyebrows at the Bills for dumping him. Especially with Gailey being so outward in his contempt for the kid and the kid's chances on making the team. Maybe his star falls, maybe it doesn't. But you can't deny what he's done so far. Especially in the context of the Bills' having 0 pass rush at the moment.

Yea he's not an every down player. A lot of solid players in the NFL AREN'T every down players. Are you telling me there wasn't a roster spot for a situational pass rusher on the Bills team? Bc, from looking at our pass rush so far, I think we could have used it.

So yea, that's my logic. Real dumb to have your logic backed up by..well..you know...facts and stuff.

All you are doing is harping on stats. You don't know anything about how those sacks were achieved, just that Maybin has some. Maybin is crap, pure and simple.

PTR

At first when I saw this sack I thought, man he looked damn good there. Without seeing the replay I saw many posts here stating that he beat a RB on the play for the sack. I too agree that I'm not overly impressed with that. I'm not saying anything for the rest of the sacks or plays he has made because I haven't seen them. The fact is, when he was with us, he attempted to male that sack in similar fashion many times and many times hebfailed miserably, one in particular I remember him being pancaked by a RB and thrown 5 yards downfield. I thought I heard one of his earlier sacks was very similar, chucked by a back and falling down and just barely snagged the feet of the QB. I find this less impressive as advertised by his stats.

One thing I have noticed in this game is that he has been very situational so far and when his name is mentioned he is almost never blocked or blocked by a back. If you can rush in unblocked or blocked by a back you should have no problem getting pressure in the QB and it's that simple.

The other part of me thinks maybe he has turned a corner and is playing with a fire under his @ss. We can hardly be blamed for this. He sucked when he was in Buffalo and even sucked on the Jets when he first got there and was cut. The only reason why he got another chance is because of injuries to the Jets D.

And the last part that I think about is what if he was acticg Willis McGahee like and dogging it when he was here. He held out for a larger contract during his rookie year. Didn't show anything even remotely close to what he did in college the entire time he was here. Not in practice, not in pre season, not in the regular season. He either was dogging it to ne traded or cut, or he wasn't that good to begin with and now is playing for his livelihood. Or maybe it's that the Jets defense is just that much better and he has his situational opportunities on all out blitzes.

Either way, I don't care. He sucked when he was here. Was overpaid for what he produced and deserved to be cut. Were only complaining because wending have a pass rush. If Merriman and Batten or Moats were even decent with sack numbers right now we aren't even talking about Aaron Maybe.

All you are doing is harping on stats. You don't know anything about how those sacks were achieved, just that Maybin has some. Maybin is crap, pure and simple.

PTR

I don't really agree. You are what your record says you are, and your stats are your stats. I'm not saying that we made a mistake letting Maybin go (sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player). All I'm saying is that seeing him making an impact for a division rival kinda stings.

Edited by saundena

not sorry we let him go but its things like this that show you what good defensive coaching can do for you and how much better we could be with a good defensive coordinator to run the 3-4 defense properly not this hybrid **** we need someone here who can run the 3-4 the way it should be run

Before or after the Bills acquire the players to properly run a 3-4?

I don't really agree. You are what your record says you are, and your stats are your stats. I'm not saying that we made a mistake letting Maybin go (sometimes a change of scenery is good for a player). All I'm saying is that seeing him making an impact for a division rival kinda stings.

Meaningless cliche. Ask the KC Chiefs if they are a playoff team? A couple of garbage sacks doesn't make Maybin a pro bowler. Show me where Maybin made any kind of impact play?

PTR

Meaningless cliche. Ask the KC Chiefs if they are a playoff team? A couple of garbage sacks doesn't make Maybin a pro bowler. Show me where Maybin made any kind of impact play?

PTR

Forced fumbles and sacks are impact plays! I'm not saying he's a probowler either, or that Chix should be fired for letting him go. Again, I'm just saying that it stings watching him do that for the JESTS of all teams. Even if his stats came in garbage time, if he was still playing in Buffalo and was able to rack up garbage time stats, we'd all be saying that it is encouraging to see him make plays...

Forced fumbles and sacks are impact plays! I'm not saying he's a probowler either, or that Chix should be fired for letting him go. Again, I'm just saying that it stings watching him do that for the JESTS of all teams. Even if his stats came in garbage time, if he was still playing in Buffalo and was able to rack up garbage time stats, we'd all be saying that it is encouraging to see him make plays...

Touching a QB who falls down earns you a sack.

PTR