Sheppard to receive majority of plays

CBD

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia

Kelvin Sheppard, while not named the starting ILB outright, will get the majority of snaps moving forward according to Gailey. #Bills

It was on the Bills official twitter as well. Personally, I think Shep is great. I love this move. Andre Davis showed his age, slow, against the Giants.

Excited about this move, but it's hard to rip on a guy like Andre Davis. Whether it's age or talent, he's not going to be able to cover RB's and TE's, or chase down guys in space. He's pretty good against the run, and apparently is an excellent leader.

I hope we use Davis smartly--e.g., on obvious run downs or goal line situations.

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia

Kelvin Sheppard, while not named the starting ILB outright, will get the majority of snaps moving forward according to Gailey. #Bills

Considering that Gailey brought along last year's rookies slowly, this move is quite a vote of confidence in Shep's talent and maturity level. Hope we get better coverage than what we have seen. With Merriman out, Dareus a starter from Day 1 & Shep over Davis, the Bills youth movement on D is in full session. (I bet the coaching staff cannot wait for A Williams to get healthy)

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I'm excited to see what Shep can do as well. Davis played hard for us and is one of my faves even if he isn't all that flashy. He played hurt most of the time last year but still delivered some big hits. I hope he sticks around for a while as good depth and a big body in those short yardage situations as a previous poster said.