Breitbart does it again...

RkFast

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I confess, the Faulkneresque stream-of-consciousness formatting is throwing me off. Does anyone know if there's any content in the above worth reading?

Allow me to summarize using sentence structure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As recent as 2006 it was confirmed that 50% of Americans were ill-informed about our reasons for military action in Iraq, so there must have been malfeasance by the Bush administration. Bush and Cheney are sociopaths and lybob is shocked they didn't plant WMDs. Of course Iraq had WMDs. It was commonly accepted that Iraq had WMDs. But it turned out that they didn't have WMDs and at least a tyrant and brutal dictator was removed. We should be grateful for an alien invasion which cripples our infrastructure, leaves many dead and homeless, and disperses spent depleted uranium shells over the land, which lybob understands to be a cost effective way to remove Obama from office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see, he cites highly specious reasoning and anecdotal evidence in defense of the Bush lied argument, which he pretty much abandons later on and admits that everyone thought there were WMDs, notes his own surprise that WMDs were not found in Iraq, and then unravels with some false analogy about intergalactic invaders. Fine work.

Edited by Jauronimo

Gotta give him some props, though. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Iraq did have yellow cake, by the way. Tons of it. Eleven tons, I believe.

11 tons of yellow cake?

What were they doing, building a Twinkie® Bombie?

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

It was such an obvious setup. :D

11 tons of yellow cake?

What were they doing, building a Twinkie® Bombie?

Seriously...I don't remember why they had it, but it was a legitimate reason (research or medical use or something - Paul was involved in shipping it out of country, and he and I'd talked about it, but that was years ago, obviously). Yellowcake uranium alone apparently isn't indicative of a nuclear program - you need a fairly obvious industry to process, purify, and form (into weapons cores, fuel rods, whatever) the stuff for use.

Chemical weapons, on the other hand...if you have an oil industry, you basically have a chemical weapons industry (if you have a pesticides industry, so much the better). And biological weapons...lots of legitimate uses for bacteria and viruses, too (the University of Baghdad used to have quite the microbiology department; most of the seed stock for Iraq's bioweapons program came from perfectly legitimate and legal purchases of microbes by the University for research purposes). Dual use is a B word...something the "Bush lied!" crowd will never understand.

People also forget that such raving nutjobs as Aum Shinrikyo and the Rajneesh cultists (who in the late 80's had the second-best biological lab in the state of Oregon, second only to the state itself) have successfully created and used chemical and biological weapons...not to mention the 2001 anthrax mailings. In small, "terroristic" quantities, the ****'s not hard to do, really, and relatively easy to hide - and most of the technology is easily available off the shelf, particularly for bio (I have a bioreactor at home; I know of at least one other former poster here who does, too).

My esteem for you was higher when I thought you were a home brewer, could be worse though, you could have one of those hippy composting toilets- btw can you make Greek yogurt?

I don't make yogurt. I just have a yogurt maker.

For my bioweapons lab.

Step 1 in my plan for world domination. :devil:

I have toyed with the idea of getting into home brew. Any advice?

I'm more of a home brew consumer than a home brew producer (part of the parasitic class don't you know) but the first thing you should do is find out if it's legal where you live, if it's illegal consider whether you have the discretion and lack of neighbors with grudges or compulsion to narc to do it anyways. Tons of information online and sites selling supplies, economically you can brew at home cheaper than buying craft beers but that doesn't count all the up front costs (maybe Magox can calculate the break even time for you :) ) you probably can get stuff on ebay as it seems to be hobby that people seem to do for a couple years and then stop (totally anecdotal).

I have toyed with the idea of getting into home brew. Any advice?

Pick up a copy of the Joy of Brewing. Getting started with extracts isn't too hard, the time commitment isn't a big deal, and the cost to get up and running isn't that bad at all.

All you really need to get off the ground is:

1 big boiling pot 5-7 gallons ideally, but you can get by with a 3 gallon.

1 food grade beer bucket

1 5.5-6 gallon glass carboy

1 air lock

1 food grade rubber hose for transfer and bottling

2 cases of bottles, pop offs

1 Bottle capper

bottle caps

priming sugar

liquid and/or dry extract

I would also recommend a hydrometer to gauge ABV, and a spring loaded bottle filler for convenience.

That will get you started and probably come out to between $100-$150 assuming you have a decent homebrew supply store in the vicinity. I got started as a broke college kid, so its not too bad. As you gain experience you can add more tools like a wort chiller, mashtun, kegging operation, and start playing with all kinds of crazy grains, sugars and hops. I never really advanced beyond the basics. All dry malts extract brews and playing with liquid yeast packages and hop pellets was about as far as I got. Still a lot of fun... until I failed almost every class that semester.

Good luck!

Edited by Jauronimo