Mort Chat

Rico

Larry (Buffalo): Will the Bills get in. I think Jax, Den, and Balt all have one more loss before the end of the year so the question will be, can the Bills beat the Steelers in Buffalo when it matters the most for them and maybe not so much for Pittsburgh with NE's loss to Miami?

Chris Mortensen: (11:18 AM ET ) I think your Bills had an unfortunate loss or two in the first month, otherwise, you wouldn't have to have so much wishful thinking. Right now, it doesn't look good. The key will be how the Texans play at Jax'ville this week. I'm not ruling it out, but when you don't control your own destiny, you're left in a tough spot.

Here's another one I found:

Mock (LA): Hey Mort, Monday night's complete and utter collapse by the Patriots seems to me to be the single most embarrassing upset in the past five years. Can you remember a game where a defending Super Bowl championship team with a 12-1 record and a two-score lead late in the fourth quarter ever folded to a bunch of third string scrubs with a 2-11 record?

Mort: Mock, I have to tell you, I've never seen anything as embarrasing as that particular upset. It was obviously exacerbated by the night opening with Michaels and Madden referring to them as a dynasty.Weiss should have never called those passing plays at the end of the game, but he clearly has his mind in Notre Dame. A pathetic loss of epic proportions.

:D

Assuming the Jets lose this weekend to NE and Baltimore loses to Pitt, does anyone think that with Bulger back in the lineup the Rams could take the Jets the following week in STL ? That way we don't have to worry about the Jags. Although Denver is still a concern....

Assuming the Jets lose this weekend to NE and Baltimore loses to Pitt, does anyone think that with Bulger back in the lineup the Rams could take the Jets the following week in STL ?  That way we don't have to worry about the Jags. Although Denver is still a concern....

173433[/snapback]

The Rams seem to me to be a mess right now and even with Bulger in the lineup I can't imagine them winning another game this year. There is more to their problems than just Bulger's absence. I'd start with Martz first...

Assuming the Jets lose this weekend to NE and Baltimore loses to Pitt, does anyone think that with Bulger back in the lineup the Rams could take the Jets the following week in STL ?  That way we don't have to worry about the Jags. Although Denver is still a concern....

173433[/snapback]

Any given Sunday.

I shall be glued to the scrolling scoreboard on Sunday.

Here is another one from the Mort Chat:

CJ (CA): Mort, great work as always. What do you think will be the biggest factor over the next 2 weeks in the Bills making the playoffs, and making any run IF they make it?

Mort: Wow, great question. I've been asked this a number of times, and id have to say one thing: COWBELL!!!