Pass Rushers....Possible Trade Options

If true, I think Andrew Luck is playing a factor. It makes no sense for Denver to try to win games right now. Trading away talent is the best course of action.

Yeah, I have thought that with some of these trade rumors...The Colts, Broncos, trading away some of their best players...What about the Dolphins not picking up Gerrard...Sounds like they are afraid he might win a few games...

Also, the more picks you have the more ammo you have to try to move up and get him if necessary.

Nobody is going to take on Freeney's contract.

Certainly not Ralph Wilson...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Seems like a moot point, the trade deadline is tomorrow. Gonna be tough to get someone in camp, evaluate them, have them pass a physical and sign a contract by the end of tomorrow. If we are talking for next year, I think it makes more sense to wait for free agency/the draft to see who we can get without having to pay/compensate another team.

Seems like a moot point, the trade deadline is tomorrow. Gonna be tough to get someone in camp, evaluate them, have them pass a physical and sign a contract by the end of tomorrow. If we are talking for next year, I think it makes more sense to wait for free agency/the draft to see who we can get without having to pay/compensate another team.

I would agree with you if we didn't have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs and we're on a bye week. We need a pass rusher very badly. I would happily give up a 2nd and 4th for Jared Allen.

Edited by It's in My Blood

We might have gotten Von Miller, a great pas rusher, and probably would have if Denver had taken Dareus, the great defensive tackle who was the best defensive player available in the draft with Von a close second. Dareus is a godsend for the area where we were worst, run stopping. I don't see any great trade options at this point in the season that would help us. We will probably go with what we have and look at pass rushing linebackers in the draft at the end of the season.

I would agree with you if we didn't have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs. We need a pass rusher very badly. I would happily give up a 2nd and 4th for Jared Allen.

I may agree with you re: the 2nd and 4th for allen ...seems like a stiff price, but he is a proven stud. However, he has not proven himself in an NFL 3-4 yet (as far as I can recall, although I am not totally sure about what/where he has played in the past/college/etc.)...)

Anyways, I am just saying that the logistics seem impossible with the deadline tomorrow... even if we all give an enthusiastic "git 'er done, Buddy!!"

...and that's why you might address the problem from another direction. You bring in Pat Williams, a free agent, can play either 3/4 or the 4/3 and he'll take up the linemen to give Williams and Dareus room to operate and create some holes for a linebacker on the blitz.

Quicker, doable fix than a trade, and you aren't asking Williams at 38, to contribute for an entire season.

...and that's why you might address the problem from another direction. You bring in Pat Williams, a free agent, can play either 3/4 or the 4/3 and he'll take up the linemen to give Williams and Dareus room to operate and create some holes for a linebacker on the blitz.

Quicker, doable fix than a trade, and you aren't asking Williams at 38, to contribute for an entire season.

ooh, I like that idea. Making his career come full circle in the B-Lo!! Can his 38 year old bones still handle the strain? If so, I'm all for it. only thing is, it seems like Dareus and Williams are taking up the interior linemen pretty well, and the LBs are still not doing anything. i guess adding another big NT with skills will further require the tackles to help and prevent them from taking on outside rushers, but it seems like the better answer would be to get a better outside pass rusher, not a better interior guy, where we actually are quite talented.

Whatever, I want big pat back. even if its just to sit on tom brady after williams and dareus knock him unconscious...

Why do people think that trading players is simple. "Oh yeah, let's just go offer the Pats a first and second-rounders for Brady and he'll just walk on over!" I mean, it just doesn't work that way. It's like the Fitz thing where we "need" a franchise guy. But you don't just get franchise QBs once you decide you want to go out and spend money- they aren't available. Just because we know we need a WR or a DE or a OLB doesn't mean we can just go on out there and tell everyone that now that we're ok with spending money and draft-picks and players (as if we weren't before), we'll just help ourselves to one of their pro-bowlers.