Just talked to my die-hard Packers fan friend

stevestojan

He had a few points:

1) I asked him about us playing Pittsburgh. He said not to look a gifthorse in the mouth. If we can play Pittsburgh with their backups, that would be good for us. He said "Hell, you guys would have won 7 in a row by that point, the playoffs are a whole new season... just get there"

2) He's very pissed about how well Brees is playing, as he wanted him to be Favres prodigy.

3) He said he's sure the LAST team Indy wants to play right now is the Bills. He said with our defense, that would be an amazing game.

4) He said we shoud thank our lucky stars for Miami. Now that they beat NE, we don't have to root for the Jets this week at all (as in hoping for NE to lose so we can play Pittsburgh w/ their backups). He mentioned that Miami beating NE basically opened up that 2nd playoff spot for us. Now, we can root for NE without worry, and root for Pitts.

5) He said Green Bay has no chance due to their secondary.

That is all.

3) He said he's sure the LAST team Indy wants to play right now is the Bills. He said with our defense, that would be an amazing game.

-----------------------------------------------

We don't have a dynamic defense like Bmore or NE. Our defense is good, don't get me wrong. But, we just aren't at a level to show fakes and have London or Takeo be a field general to get in to Peyton's head like Ray Lewis did last week. And even with that being so Peyton still had a decent game.

I like to see people are thinking so highly of the Bills, though.

Green Bay is such a streaky team this year. They could end winning these next two and going to the SB just because they are in the NFC. They certainly have the offensive weapons to keep up with anyone from the NFC.

Your wrong about the NE and Jets game.  The Jets need to lose.  If the Jets lose these next 2 weeks and we win the next 2 weeks then we get a playoff spot if/when Denver/Baltimore lose another game.

173348[/snapback]

???

That's what i said.

Before, we "kinda" wanted NE and the Jets to lose (if that makes sence). NE to lose, so that Pitts could win homefield, and the Jets to lose so we can win their playoff spot....

Miami solved that...

2) He's very pissed about how well Brees is playing, as he wanted him to be Favres prodigy.

173344[/snapback]

Well, he still could be. If (for some ungodly reason) San Diego doesn't sign him, the Pack could swoop in. Of course, he'd be a backup for a few more years...

Amazing how many people want him now. Last year, he couldn't pay another team to let him play for them.

We don't have a dynamic defense like Bmore or NE. Our defense is good, don't get me wrong. But, we just aren't at a level to show fakes and have London or Takeo be a field general to get in to Peyton's head like Ray Lewis did last week. And even with that being so Peyton still had a decent game.

173357[/snapback]

I don't care if they get into his head, I just want to see Pat pancake him. :D

173357[/snapback]

The reason I think our D is superior to Baltimore is because we are only giving teams one half of the game to get their points.....if they don't score in the first 30 mins, they are out of luck for the most part. We have been stuffing them for NOTHING in the second half latley, and I don't expect that to change. As much as I hate to say it, a game against the Colts would depend more on Bledsoe (*COUGH, COUGH*) having a game like he did in Minnesota two years ago, and then letting our D do the rest.

We are third in the league in forced turnovers (having more than NE or Baltimore). We are fifth in the league in sacks. We are third in the league in YPG.

If that's not a dynamic defense, I don't know what is. BTW, I myself complained that the defense was stout but not elite. However, I'm going to give them their due credit, especially in the second half of the season. They are indeed playing like an elite and dynamic defense.

We are third in the league in forced turnovers (having more than NE or Baltimore). We are fifth in the league in sacks. We are third in the league in YPG.

If that's not a dynamic defense, I don't know what is. BTW, I myself complained that the defense was stout but not elite. However, I'm going to give them their due credit, especially in the second half of the season. They are indeed playing like an elite and dynamic defense.

173496[/snapback]

In the second half of the season? C'mon now. What offensive juggernaut have we played?

If you watched the game you could see how the D was constantly moving prior to the snap to get in to Peyton's head. It worked for a while, but not for good.

Seriously, if we played in the RCA dome you think we could hold them under 20 points? I don't. They don't make the mistakes that the teams we have been playing make.