Edwards

RyanC883

Will Wanny be the new DC this year?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Our defense is pathetic. We have a coach on our staff, Wanny, who can coach winners. Does Chan have the stones to demote Edwards and let Wanny take over the D.

• Yes, Wanny will be the DC after the bye week
    • No, Chan and/or the Bills lack the stones to do this and are happy are 4-2, despite the fact the defense folds like a cheap lawn chair
    • No, Everything is fine. We bend but don't break, except when we break, but that's only happened twice.
    • No, Wanny will take over next year.

Clearly this defense is a major liability. Everyone knows that. The giants are not a great offense, yet they put up 400 yards on the D, and 122 rushing yards. The Giants average 85 rushing yards a game. Yes, Fitz's interceptions were costly. But the offense scored more than enough points on a good defense (the Giants) to offset that. The defense, yet again, failed to get its job done. Lets not forget, also, that a ROOKIE QB beat up on them in Cincy. Time for a new DC?!?!

I'm holding off on voting because I have no idea what's going to happen. Edwards could miraculously get it all back after the bye when Merriman, Kelsey, Williams, and let's hope Williams come back. We could see some more blitz packages and get it done now that McGee is back amd have better DBS back there. It's a tough call, I'm not saying it's going to happen but honestly I'm not sure Wanny has done much either. It's not like our LNs are tearing it up out there. Merriman has been a dissapointment, Kelsey has looked better than usual but still a liability on anything other than a run directly to him, Davis has been absolutely horrible in most sittiations at worst and bad a best, Shephard hasn't gotten there yet enough to take more playing time, Natten hasn't shown me anything, Moats has regressed from the level he was playing at last year. The only decent LB s bfar has been Barnett and let's be honest we all expect him to do what he's done so far.

27 pts is good D ????? wow raise the bar

No, I said when we played a good Defense not that we have a good defense.

Kevin Greene for LB! Dude was nasty when he played.

and he would bring that nasty with him as a coach and the players would feed off of that.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I voted Yes because I'm thinking positively. If we don't get at least 4 picks in one game, our defense is horid. We upped our talent (Darius and Nick Barnett). Why can't we stop anybody? Answer: coaching.

+1 Im not feeling DC Edwards.......... seems to be no improvment. Eli Manning is a pez dispencer for INTs. I dont think there was a solid game plan on defense. Seems like we played cover 2 the whole game. Fitz knows he f-ed up by making an errant throw at the end. We were the better team.

I just fail to see what firing him right now actually does..I don't think firing him and letting Wanny takes over makes a dramatic improvement. In the offseason, sure, but do you think he's ignoring input from the other coaches on the team? I don't think the Bills defensive strategy changes with firing Edwards.

I voted Yes because I'm thinking positively. If we don't get at least 4 picks in one game, our defense is horid. We upped our talent (Darius and Nick Barnett). Why can't we stop anybody? Answer: coaching.

That's a good BINGO!! I billieve we have the talent on the defensive side of the ball...now, all we need is an above average coordinator to get them in the right scheme/situation.

It wouldnt be a Bills season if there wasnt some goat on the coaching staff. its the 'Chuck Dickinson' mentality.

Again.....a staff reorganization on a winning squad, especially one as fragile as a squad that hasnt experienced ANY kind of success in over a decade, is completely mindless. Its like trying to fix a house by setting it on fire. Mindless.

You want to re-evaluate the coaching staff later, after the season is over, fine. Now is not the time.

Edited by RkFast

I despised the Edwards hiring from the beginning. I thought his LB unit on the dolphins was awful during his tender, despite having decent talent. Wanny is a step up, but I thought he had a mainly 3-4 background.

Despite our defensive whoopings, I don't think we are that far off talent wise. IMO our biggest problem by far is no pass rush. Our run D has been solid, and I think we have a decent secondary...But they need help, if the QB has all day like Manning had we don't stand a chance.

Wanny is not calling the plays on D, Edwards is. Wanny might help in the scheming during the week, but Edwards is the ultimate decision maker. Wanny will bring better "in game" decisions and find better ways to get after the QB. Our DB's cant cover all day while the QB is dancing and waiting in the pocket. They need a big change on D and the best time would be right now with two weeks of preparation and adjusting. It cant be much worse could it?

#1 Wanny is a pretty conservative D coach, I am not entirely certain that he is not having quite a bit of input into the D already.

#2 We had a bunch of key injuries and Flo was effing up bad in big play situations.

#3 Young guys; we have a bunch of them. The D came together better towards the end of the season when the younger guys got more experience last year (we were awful after injuries but it picked back up by the end of the season)

that is what happens with young guys it takes time to learn and unfortunantly young guys need to learn in games.

Edwards cannot cover up the fact that the Bills struggle to generate Pass Rush even when they are at full health. With Three starters missing from the Front seven of course the defense is going to look bad. Eli had no problem looking good today with so much time to be comfortable in the pocket.

Edwards is not a miracle worker.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It wouldnt be a Bills season if there wasnt some goat on the coaching staff. its the 'Chuck Dickinson' mentality.

Again.....a staff reorganization on a winning squad, especially one as fragile as a squad that hasnt experienced ANY kind of success in over a decade, is completely mindless. Its like trying to fix a house by setting it on fire. Mindless.

You want to re-evaluate the coaching staff later, after the season is over, fine. Now is not the time.

Why isn't now the time? Could we get any worse? A staff reorganization on a winning squad may be a bad idea, but the defense isn't a winning squad, they're the worst in the league. They're a losing squad with a weak DC.

Wanny is part of the team and already knows how to call defenses, you'd simply be trying something different to fix a horrible problem that will continue to plague this team all year. Nix isn't going to trade for better personnel, so as head coach you need to make a change to AT LEAST evaluate how Wanny would do if he were in charge.

We've drafted 80% defense in the last two drafts, the first SIX picks last year were D picks. Don't tell me coaching isn't a concern here.