all of a sudden the Bills have strung together some decent drafts

I know we could have drafted better and captin hindsight and the rest of the hindsight league of "but" and "what if" ...will talk about all the players we could have got....

But these past Sunday I saw some good stuff..... and hopefully today it will continue...

From 2010 - both moats and batten will be starting today.....along with troupe....and carrington even carrington will see alot of time....and spiller I kno I kno (9th pick for a back up running back) has shown explosiveness and quick decision making that going to become a factor in atleast 2-3 wins this year(bank on it)

2011 - Big Marcy enuff said, Williams when healthy looks good, Sheppard could start today and will continue to grow in that position, and Hairston will start...

so once again....im not saying we have got it all right....but were getting better

I know we could have drafted better and captin hindsight and the rest of the hindsight league of "but" and "what if" ...will talk about all the players we could have got....

But these past Sunday I saw some good stuff..... and hopefully today it will continue...

From 2010 - both moats and batten will be starting today.....along with troupe....and carrington even carrington will see alot of time....and spiller I kno I kno (9th pick for a back up running back) has shown explosiveness and quick decision making that going to become a factor in atleast 2-3 wins this year(bank on it)

2011 - Big Marcy enuff said, Williams when healthy looks good, Sheppard could start today and will continue to grow in that position, and Hairston will start...

so once again....im not saying we have got it all right....but were getting better

I think we'll remember the 2011 draft as a turning point.

I am glad to see them start too..but it is also distressful that they are starting because the original starters are injured...Both Moats, Sheppard and Troupe are likely start only because Kelsay, Merriman and Williams may not play.

I would have rather have had them win their jobs in camp...Never late than ever..

Nix is still under the gun for these two drafts....Hope Gailey can make this work

I think the 2010 draft is still shakey. The one out of that draft that looks most promising is moats he seems to be pretty much what the bills expected out of maybin. Carrington looks ok. Troup I haven't been impressed with. And spiller has seen limited action, and shows he still has a lot to learn.

This most recent draft looks a lot more promising. And I think that gailey had a lot more say in it, with there being a couple senior bowl players that we picked. But out of this years draft, dareus looks like the real deal, sheppard has shown more flashes than troup and carrington combined, and harriston proved himself well in his first start.

Nix's first draft is hard for me to judge. The spiller pick was a bit questionable, and now that spiller hardly touches the ball, it seems more questionable. I do still feel that if the raiders didn't pick mcclain, that we would have. which sucks, because I would have loved him a lot more than spiller. I don't hate the spiller pick, but the jury is still out on him.

And then for carrington and troup, I didn't get the "small school" thing that year. kind of came out of nowhere. And I knew very little about them. for me, the best I can say for a lot of the 2010 choices is that it is too early to call them a bust. though carrington has shown some nice flashes and can develop. and it is too bad easly can't stay on the field, because the gems these guy find at WR that go undrafted/later rounds is impressive. Really makes you wonder what a they can find with a 4th round pick when they find someone like nelson undrafted.

But this whole thing with young players starting reminds me when we had an entire roster of marv's new young players with like edwards at QB, whitner, poz, mr. "im worth millions," lynch, etc, and now the team has none of them.

So just because they are starting doesn't excite me. They actually have to play well during that start to give me the wow factor.

Let's see how they do today most of these guys are starting because we have run out of bodies.

I am glad to see them start too..but it is also distressful that they are starting because the original starters are injured...Both Moats, Sheppard and Troupe are likely start only because Kelsay, Merriman and Williams may not play.

I would have rather have had them win their jobs in camp...Never late than ever..

Nix is still under the gun for these two drafts....Hope Gailey can make this work

Frankly Nix is not under any gun ... except the misfocused shotgun sights of the naysayers on this board. What Nix has done primarily through his selection of Chan Gailey but also in his successful idenification of quality non-drafted players is change the mindset of One Bills' Drive into a 'WE ARE WINNERS' attitude.

Nix's return is when things began to change. It is the rare draft pick who will be an instant superstar and in fact it usually takes college players a few years before they make an impact on the field. And, he has brought in free agents with attitude (Even Merriman who might not be playing has been a major contributor towards teaching mindset and to helping recruit a player like Barnett.).

Having players who can step in when injuries occur is a true mark of a general manager who knows what he is doing. Just look at Green Bay last year. I have no problem seeing our young players get in the game because the original starters go down and what I like is that they are having an impact.

THE NIX CREW:

Nick Barnett, Danny Batten, Alex Carrington, Scott Chandler, Marcell Dareus, Andra Davis (Again, his impact has been in his teaching skills to the young players more than on the field), Dwan Edwards, Chris Hairston, Kellen Heard, Spencer Johnson (I think Nix brought him in), Donald Jones, Shawne Merriman, Arthur Moats, Kirk Morrison, David Nelson, Eric Pears, Chad Reinhart, Justin Rogers, Naaman Roosevelt, Da'Norris Searcy, Kelvin Shepherd, Brad Smith, Lee Smith, CJ Spiller, Torrell Troup, Kraig Urbik, Chris White, Johnny White, and Aaron Williams.

I left out Thipen because he was really Gailey's pick and also some of our new free agent pick ups. But, not a bad group of 29 players who Gailey has been able to mix in with the likes of FITZMAGIC, FREDDY, STEVIE, Kyle WILLIAMS, WOOD, LEVITRE, and company.

A new BILLS ... a new ATTITUDE ... and it's time for you NAYSAYERS to head off to Miami for a team that reflects your approach towards football and life!

2009:

We might only have gotten 3 players from it. However, when those 3 players are Eric Wood, Jairus Byrd, and Andy Levitre I would say that seems like a decent draft to me.

Agree, we have 3 studs from 2009, amkes up for the Maybin debacle.

The 2010 draft is still a question mark but has gereat potential. Spiller needs to develop. Troup, Carrington, Batten and Moats are possible good players.

The best of the 2010 draft class so far are UDFAs Jones and Nelson.