thoughts about Saban to the fins

nodnarb

I was convinced, like the rest of the football world, that he was gonna take the job. I've read he has a son in HS in Nawlins and is reluctant to pull him out. But I think seeing the fins beat his friend Belichick took some of the luster OFF the gig.

why? ego. He wants to be viewed as the guy who can beat the Patriots. But the fins have already done that. It might seem preposterous, but when you're on the fence with a decision, sometimes it preposterous energies push you hither or yon.

I think Saban's yon. He'll stay at LSU.

...and there was much rejoicing....

Hopefully the fins will hire Marino.

Here's what I know, Nick's wife loves it here, there is no doubt, she's involved into all kinda charity groups locally, and his kids just started high school and don't want to leave again. Jimmy Sexton, Nick's agent wanted Nick to go to Miami, but rumor is that now Jimmy Sexton has changed his mind because he wasn't impressed with what Heizenga had to offer.

So the saga continues, we should know more today. I wish for it to be over with one way or another.

I thought it was already reported that Saban would not be back at LSU next year according to the AP?

173408[/snapback]

That was just the AP jumping the guns like every other media source did. It's still at 50/50 right now, but I think there is gonna be a press conference today or tommorow.

I find it interesting that everyone assumes Nick Saban would be a highly successful NFL head coach. Who knows? He may or may not be. Some coaches are better college coaches than professional coaches. Look at Rick Pitino and Steve Spurrier. Highly successful college coach, colossal flop as professional coaches. You know who would be the most sought after college coach - along with Saban - if he already didn't fail miserably as a head coach? Pete Carroll.

It just strikes me as alot of money to pay a guy that has never been a head coach at the professional level.