mountain west confernce, conference usa merging

DaveinElma

I have mixed feelings about this... I am a UNLV season ticket holder. I wonder how the logistics will work out. Will they stay separate with the conferences and then play a championship game? Will they split up into a few separate divisions? I am glad its football only and not all sports.

I have mixed feelings about this... I am a UNLV season ticket holder. I wonder how the logistics will work out. Will they stay separate with the conferences and then play a championship game? Will they split up into a few separate divisions? I am glad its football only and not all sports.

I think this.

From all the scuttle but here in Orlando about this merger it is planned on the two meeting for the championship game. Although not sure how UCF will go as it looks like they are getting an invite to the Big East. It would help thier choice if they new if one was still gonna be garunteed a BCS automatic bid. Timing stinks for the Big East now as I won't be able to see the Orange here for football or basketball.

if this keeps up maybe UB will end up in the Big East?

By the time they consider adding UB, the Big East may be at the same level or lower than the MAC. If they lose West Virginia, Louisville and/or Connecticut they can kiss their BCS AQ bid bye bye. Someone over at UBfan suggested the MAC could try to do a similar merger with the SunBelt conference.

PTR

I don't see how merging two lesser conferences makes the "super conference" any more worthy of consideration as being elite.

Regarding UB, the new president does not share the same commitment to athletics that the previous one did. Given the fact they would have to double their current athletic budget (at the very least), there is zero chance of UB upgrading to a better conference anytime soon.

By the time they consider adding UB, the Big East may be at the same level or lower than the MAC. If they lose West Virginia, Louisville and/or Connecticut they can kiss their BCS AQ bid bye bye. Someone over at UBfan suggested the MAC could try to do a similar merger with the SunBelt conference.

PTR

I think the Big East is looking at schools like Villanova and UMass to jump to D1 possibly too. I think if the day comes where Boise joins a conference called the Big EAST college football may have officially jumped the shark.