Pro Bowlers announced today

Thailog80

How the heck is Larry Allen the leading vote getter among guards????  It seems they don't even bother to watch when it comes to linemen.  They just get in on name recognition.  That's crap.

173283[/snapback]

Jeez, I didn't even know Larry Allen was still playing.

Jeez, I didn't even know Larry Allen was still playing.

173287[/snapback]

Just off the top of my head, I can think of two guys who are WAY better than Allen at this point in their careers: Steve Hutchinson of Seattle and Kynan Forney of Atlanta. Hutchinson is perhaps playing better than any guard in the NFL with the exception of Alan Faneca of Pittsburgh. What a disgrace.

You are correct............Dec 20 and 21 were for coaches and players. My apologies.

173268[/snapback]

Accepted :blink:

The fan votes barely counts for anything - so its mainly on the players - and with all the politics around that, and the BIG NAME recognition, I think Dante Hall has the edge over McGee... They were talking about this the other night on NFL Live saying that Dante had the better shot as players will not know who McGee is...

Same goes for Moorman. Almost everyone votes based on stats - not actual contribution. Even players do this.

So I think Fletch and Spikes will make it. Along with Adams. Thats about it.

The AFC and NFC squads are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each groups vote counts one-third toward determining the 43-man rosters.

Wonder how that works ... leading guy from each is different lets say ... who picks the winner?????

Strange system ! Maybe you get some points for how you finish ... and then they combine the polls ... almost like a all-star vote