Columbus Day....with the Sopranos!

Buftex

-now thats some good stuff...-miss that show

:beer: Like-wise...I have purposely avoided watching them in re-runs, so I can go back and watch them from the begining, all over again...once football season is over, I may take the plunge! Absolutely my favorite drama of all time...though Breaking Bad is inching up there...

:beer: Like-wise...I have purposely avoided watching them in re-runs, so I can go back and watch them from the begining, all over again...once football season is over, I may take the plunge! Absolutely my favorite drama of all time...though Breaking Bad is inching up there...

Episodes 1-4 are on HBO OnDemand this month.

Episodes 1-4 are on HBO OnDemand this month.

I actually purchased the whole series on DVD, in this massive box set...it weighs about 30 lbs. No joke. I have only watched the extras on it...will dig in some day...I love this show so much, even after owning the box set, I purchased the first season on blu-ray, assuming they would be releasing the rest..that was over a year ago...no season two on blu-ray as of yet... some pretty damn good shows on over the last few years, but still, nothing touches the Sopranos in my book.

There is so much to say about this show and I wish I had the time....brilliant, timeless, masterpiece...they all apply. Every season has its own artistry. I recently did a Duffs-Sopranos bender. I watched "Luxury Lounge" about three times in a row. I love when Tony climbs down from a mountain of ernest to give Artie advice on his slumping restaurant...."two-fers?...how about a salad wagon?...that means a free spagetti and meatballs if you bring in another cheap Gomer douchebag?...this is a fine dining establishment...i'll give it back to the bank before i turn it into a !@#$ing IHop"....LOL...being in the restaurant business you have no idea how true that is.

My friend and I always are quick to quote the great Jonny Sac when every a concensus of opinion arises on any matter:

"What is this? the !@#$ing UN now?" God, i could go on and on :)

There is so much to say about this show and I wish I had the time....brilliant, timeless, masterpiece...they all apply. Every season has its own artistry. I recently did a Duffs-Sopranos bender. I watched "Luxury Lounge" about three times in a row. I love when Tony climbs down from a mountain of ernest to give Artie advice on his slumping restaurant...."two-fers?...how about a salad wagon?...that means a free spagetti and meatballs if you bring in another cheap Gomer douchebag?...this is a fine dining establishment...i'll give it back to the bank before i turn it into a !@#$ing IHop"....LOL...being in the restaurant business you have no idea how true that is.

My friend and I always are quick to quote the great Jonny Sac when every a concensus of opinion arises on any matter:

"What is this? the !@#$ing UN now?" God, i could go on and on :)

Funny...I was trying to remember the very scene you were talking about, talking to a buddy of mine this weekend...Artie says something, in that scene like "just cuz you know how to eat, you know how to run a restaurant now?" I just couldn't remember it...good re-call.

I agree with you...such an amazing show...all the actors are great, but Gandolfini and Imperioli, to me, are as good as it gets, in this show...

Incidentally, and you probably know this, but Matthew Weiner, and Terrance Winter, two of David Chases' most trusted assistants on the Sopranos, both have great shows of their own now...I won't say "Sopranos good", but damn fine..."Mad Men" and "Boardwalk Empire". Winter's BE is closer to Sopranos on the surface, but if you watch MM, despite its' seemingly very different premise, covers a lot of the same territory in a different way. Don Draper (MM), Nucky Thompson (BE) are no Tony Sopranos, but they are faced with many of the same ethical issues.

I was just watching the episode with the premiere of Cleaver. They ask everyone to turn their phones off and of course Pauly doesnt. I love when you only hear his side of the conversation: "What? the Guatemalans?...tell them to put it in the trunk."....lol...God's knows what that was about. And of course Tony's best line ever from season one after Jr. tries to take him out..."Cunnilingus and psychiatry got us to this point." Priceless.

"What is this? the !@#$ing UN now?" God, i could go on and on

I know exactly the scene you are talking about.....Jonny Sac might have been the most underrated character on the show. He was a great character from start to finish.

Fail. That would be Sons of Anarchy.

You are just wrong about everything. :P

Edited by KD in CT

I was just watching the episode with the premiere of Cleaver. They ask everyone to turn their phones off and of course Pauly doesnt. I love when you only hear his side of the conversation: "What? the Guatemalans?...tell them to put it in the trunk."....lol...God's knows what that was about. And of course Tony's best line ever from season one after Jr. tries to take him out..."Cunnilingus and psychiatry got us to this point." Priceless.

"South of the border....down Mexico way..." :lol:

Uncle Junior was awesome...one of my all-time favorite lines, from Junior:

"I got the Feds so far up my ass, I can taste the bryl-creem"

Favorite Tony Soprano line, one I use often...talking to Dr Melfi after getting out of his coma:

"I am trying to stop and smell the roses...they say every day is a gift, so why does it always have to be a !@#$ing tie?"

Edited by Buftex

• 2 weeks later...

Paulie - "You’re not gonna believe this. The guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator."

Christopher - "His house looked like ****."

- Paulie hit a yard worker in the head with a shovel making him let go of a rope, causing another guy in the tree with a chainsaw to fall to the ground.

Feech, who hired the yard crew brings this to Tony.

Paulie, giving his side of the story says, "He jumped out 'da tree and come at me with a chainsaw!"

- Silvio at Vessuvio's, "Where'd he get this bread... the bread museum!"

- Paulie at dinner in back of the pork store, "The average man's sh*t house... piss all over the floor. You go into a lady's bathroom, you could eat maple walnut icecream off of the porcelain."

Paulie - "You're not gonna believe this. The guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator."

Christopher - "His house looked like ****."

That was one of the best exchanges in the whole series. :lol:

The Russian guy in the woods -- good episode.