The Bills' receiving corps is a mess

TO would not surprise me if on the roster and would actually be a little wild. He wants the glory of a run at IT and might well put forth the effort, I read his work ethic towards recovery has been significant, but i think Aiken might be a long term proposition and he could become a the deep threat. Just let the boy run! he can focus soon enough. Ruvell is a roster filler screww st we need a rec right now and TO might be the Guy. Kind of ironic and twisted but what the heck why not?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble with calling up Aiken is we have to cut someone. Who do we cut? Ruvell Martin is the obvious target but he's important to our special teams. Tough call.

PTR

This is an important point. I think they will have to go without a replacement for a week and decide what to do over the bye week. They may wait for somebody else to go on IR before they do anything. I hope it's not McGee but I have this sinking feeling that he may not last long once he comes back.

when i saw jones run off the field i thought it wasn't that serious, but apparently he's going to be out for a few weeks. really sucks. hopefully we can get Jones back after the bye for the Skins game. i know nothing of Aiken, in terms of watching him play...here's more info on Aiken:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1277679/kamar-aiken

Not much on him.

Jones took the cart off the field.

And I love how 40 time is demonstrative of game speed. Sprinting in shorts at the combine is a whole lot different than running routes against press coverage on game day.

But a sprint down the sidelines still has to be defended. You can not leave a CB naked against superior speed, where he has to exactly counter every fake and still be able to have a cushion against a deep strike. If this speed is on the field, then a cover-safety has to be kept back. Blabber all you want, raw speed still has a role and with the pass interference and non-contact-beyond 5 yards, there is no other answer.

Jones took the cart off the field.

And I love how 40 time is demonstrative of game speed. Sprinting in shorts at the combine is a whole lot different than running routes against press coverage on game day.

Jones took the cart to the locker room but he left the playing field on his own. geeze.

As you say, every team has injuries.

The good news is that the Bills passing attack isn't predicated on fast, athletic receivers beat db's in one-on-one battles.

The Bills are more about scheme, quick decisions and precise routes. We still have players who can be adequate role players in this offense.

Can we give the 4th rounder back for Evans? He would be nice right around now...

The Ravens would certainly like a do-over on that trade.

WR Lee Evans on if his ankle injury could last through the season: “It’s definitely possible. The goal is to get it to clear up to where I can play and not be hampered. If it’s too much, then I won’t be able to play.”

Also, keep in mind, the Bills receivers are expected to actually block on running plays. That rules out Evans, TO and Moss.

Edited by jeremy2020

Damn - they've been simply slammed by injuries. Jones is apparently going to be out for a while. When Donald Jones went down, so did the Bills' medium-deep to deep passing game. They really had no passing game to speak of late, and the underrated Bengals did a good job of shutting them down too. Gailey is going to have to be extra clever in the coming weeks because he doesn't have anyone who can regularly run by people (Johnson can do it, but only through craftiness - he's not that fast). If I'm game planning against the Bills, I'm taking out Johnson and making Roosevelt/Nelson/whatshisname beat me. The Bills will face a very stiff test next week because the Giants can move the ball very well. I know every team has injuries, but they've really piled up for the Bills in the WR corps. Can Brad Smith actually play wideout? I guess we'll find out soon enough. It may be his turn to be an every-down player ...

They will be fine, just plug in some UDFA and we'll be all set or we could use a ton more 2 TE sets with Lee Smith and run some patriots O but will be more smash mouth :thumbsup:

good. i like when Buffalo gets smash mouth. this is becoming my kinda football. One thing if you noticed is we are getting some great down field blocking. Like the one from Andy LiveTree to let Fred get back into the middle for his 49 yard gain. And our receivers are staying with blocks. Stevie is no slouch.

for a #1 in this area. If everyone plays their position well, we do not need stars. They will succeed as a Team. Just as the NFL gods intended.

go bills