Gailey vs. Jauron, Williams, Mularkey

It is evident that Bills fans are appreciating this COMPETENT coaching staff. Buffalo football fans are very smart, and there are so many ways in which this staff is revealing itself to be better than any we have seen in ten years. And they have instilled ACCOUNTABILITY within the organization. It started when Trent Edwards was booted and then Donte Whitner was not re-signed, but here's a direct example of what I'm talking about.

Leodis McKelvin runs the ball out of the end zone against the Patriots and causes a bone-headed fumble as he fights (unnecessarily) for extra yards. Jauron defends him, saying, in essence, "Who knows? Maybe next time he'll break one." McKelvin CONTINUES to take kick-offs.

Yesterday, Danny Batten gets flagged for a blatant, stupid personal foul call against Vick, erasing a third down stop. He disappears after that mainly because the COACHES SEND HIM A MESSAGE and virtually eliminate his playing time for the rest of the game.

It struck me that other teams are taking the dumb penalties now and are becoming flustered in crunch time, whereas I would have expected to see things like that go against the Bills over the last ten years.

Coaching competency. What a breath of fresh air!

It is evident that Bills fans are appreciating this COMPETENT coaching staff. Buffalo football fans are very smart, and there are so many ways in which this staff is revealing itself to be better than any we have seen in ten years. And they have instilled ACCOUNTABILITY within the organization. It started when Trent Edwards was booted and then Donte Whitner was not re-signed, but here's a direct example of what I'm talking about.

Leodis McKelvin runs the ball out of the end zone against the Patriots and causes a bone-headed fumble as he fights (unnecessarily) for extra yards. Jauron defends him, saying, in essence, "Who knows? Maybe next time he'll break one." McKelvin CONTINUES to take kick-offs.

Yesterday, Danny Batten gets flagged for a blatant, stupid personal foul call against Vick, erasing a third down stop. He disappears after that mainly because the COACHES SEND HIM A MESSAGE and virtually eliminate his playing time for the rest of the game.

It struck me that other teams are taking the dumb penalties now and are becoming flustered in crunch time, whereas I would have expected to see things like that go against the Bills over the last ten years.

Coaching competency. What a breath of fresh air!

Gee, while I agree with your post, I think the coaching staff deserves a little higher praise than "competent".

I'll say this. Gailey can coach offense. Fun to watch and can move the ball. It just goes to show how incompetent and coma-inducing Fairchild, Schonert, and Van Pelt were.

I don't think it's fair to group Pill w/ those other 2. IIRC, he was only OC for 1 season & he was thrust into that roll like a week b4 the season & burdened w/ running Fairchild's offense. Tough situation to be in. As for the other 2, I got the impression that Jauron dictated the style of offense run, ergo the dismissal of Fairchild when they disagreed on philosophy.

I think Gailey and his staff is the BIGGEST reason for the change. Mainly Gailey. Even though last year our record stunk, I just had a good feeling about Gailey.

I must admit when he was hired, I thought the Bills absolutely lost their minds. But this guy is a damn good coach and someone who absolutely my pick for coach of the year so far.

Yeah I'd like to see him spread it out less on 3rd and short. I'd like to see a little more play action out of the strong or weak I. But this is guy is the best offensive mind we've had here since Teddy M.

I think Gailey and his staff is the BIGGEST reason for the change. Mainly Gailey. Even though last year our record stunk, I just had a good feeling about Gailey.

I must admit when he was hired, I thought the Bills absolutely lost their minds. But this guy is a damn good coach and someone who absolutely my pick for coach of the year so far.

Yeah I'd like to see him spread it out less on 3rd and short. I'd like to see a little more play action out of the strong or weak I. But this is guy is the best offensive mind we've had here since Teddy M.

True this. Only thing is wonder about him sometimes is his decisions to punt or kick FG on 4th and short. Seems to be no consistency. Our offense has also been lacklustre in the second half this week and last. Gailey or Fitz's fault, I don't know, but overall, it is nice to have a guy running the show with experience, intelligence and creativity.

Is Poz off that list based on beautiful hair alone?

Good one! Yeah, I should have included him, but the truth is we have a BUNCH of names who are no longer part of this team -- thank goodness -- and never won anything when they were here. The list is five times longer than the guys who ARE here!

Edited by Stormin Norman