That fourth down play

Dr. K

I'm glad it didn't come to us having to find out, and this can just be an academic conversation. :thumbsup:

And precisely the point I was making earlier. Do everything in your power to not give the ball back to the opposing offense. That is playing smart and managing the game. Having an ego and have it blow up in your face is not smart. Else we have plays like Homerun throwback which haunts us for a long time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Fred Jackson said they were not going to snap the ball, based on the way the Eagles lined up. I assume he meant gaps but not sure.

And Fred could have been just blowing smoke. Not saying he was or wasn't, but I'm not sure why he would tell everyone what we would have done when we didn't have to do it. My favorite poker players are the ones who tell me what they had after the hand is over.

And Fred could have been just blowing smoke. Not saying he was or wasn't, but I'm not sure why he would tell everyone what we would have done when we didn't have to do it. My favorite poker players are the ones who tell me what they had after the hand is over.

go to bills.com and watch what he says in his port game interview. its almost impossible to believe he was blowing smoke.

I don't recall ever before seeing a team putting a man in motion on a "jump" play. Having C-Mac go in motion was genius.

That was the tip to me that they weren't going to run a play.

I have seen this done a few times, Think Chan has done it while HC at Tech.

If they had not jumped, you call a t.o. with one second left if you are going to go for it.

Olineman sitting in their stance for 20 seconds isnt too good. Those big boys get tired quick. Just speaking from an old olinemans perspective.

I wanted the Bills to go for it - just a simple QB sneak - but the Bills had no intention of snapping the ball.

Absolutely unbelievable/unforgivable that Parker jumped offsides, because there was absolutely no way in hell that ball was ever going to be snapped.

Fitz must have some sort of mysterious, hypnotic power - it's the only possible explanation for what happened.

+1