For all you crackers who hate the NBA

Kelly the Dog

Last year my brother in law asked if I wanted to go with him to a LA Laker game in a luxury box. I turned him down. I felt bad about it but he understood. Just absolutely no interest. I stayed home and sat by the pool and listened to some tunes.

173191[/snapback]

I would turn that down, too. That entire Staples Arena is one big luxury box, and it's pitiful. Not to mention have to put up with Laker fans. You live in LA, Dante? Where do you watch the games?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally:

1) NFL

2) NHL

3) PGA

4) Boxing (well, until about 5 years ago, when talent left the sport)

5) MLB

6) NBA

If the NBA's your thing, that's cool, but I just couldn't imagine. I went and sat courtside at the Heat game down here, and it was awesome. But not because of the "game", it was cool because I was that close to the game.

For me personally:

1) NFL

2) NHL

3) PGA

4) Boxing (well, until about 5 years ago, when talent left the sport)

5) MLB

6) NBA

If the NBA's your thing, that's cool, but I just couldn't imagine. I went and sat courtside at the Heat game down here, and it was awesome. But not because of the "game", it was cool because I was that close to the game.

173203[/snapback]

Talent left boxing?????

I suppose you mean the heavyweight division. In that case, it's been a LOT longer than 5 years.

As for the lighter weights, there's so much talent out there! I seriously considered buying the 3rd Morales-Barrerra fight when it was on recently. Those 2 are an example of talented fighters who are great to watch. Check out guys like Bernard Hopkins and Antonio Tarver who alse epitomize talented boxers. There's way more talent out there than you realize.

I dont hate the NBA.  I hate their salaries.  Shaq is going to make 27  million dollars.  It will take me a little longer to make that kind of money and I have an advanced degree

173213[/snapback]

So you hate rock stars, baseball players, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods, movie stars and corporate executives, and lottery winners, too?

I am not happy with their salaries either, but I attribute that problem to the owners of the teams of all three major sports that are not pro football.

So you hate rock stars, baseball players, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods, movie stars and corporate executives, and lottery winners, too?

I am not happy with their salaries either, but I attribute that problem to the owners of the teams of all three major sports that are not pro football.

173222[/snapback]

Absolutely. Let me tell you if someone put down a piece of paper with a 7 figure salary TODAY for me to do what I'm doing right now I'd sign it in a second. I wouldn't worry about what the haters would say.

And so would you.

Talent left boxing?????

I suppose you mean the heavyweight division.  In that case, it's been a LOT longer than 5 years. 

As for the lighter weights, there's so much talent out there!  I seriously considered buying the 3rd Morales-Barrerra fight when it was on recently.  Those 2 are an example of talented fighters who are great to watch.  Check out guys like Bernard Hopkins and Antonio Tarver who alse epitomize talented boxers.  There's way more talent out there than you realize.

173214[/snapback]

Sorry, Rich, and yes, I meant Heavyweights... right now, who do we have? The Klitschkos? Whitaker? I can't even name more than a handful...

Maybe I do need to start watching some of the lighter classes... Heavyweight boxing is a joke...

Absolutely. Let me tell you if someone put down a piece of paper with a 7 figure salary TODAY for me to do what I'm doing right now I'd sign it in a second. I wouldn't worry about what the haters would say.

And so would you.

173233[/snapback]

Which, of course, means that you would completely hate yourself, and never want to see yourself, according to your lahjik.

Sorry, Rich, and yes, I meant Heavyweights... right now, who do we have? The Klitschkos?  Whitaker? I can't even name more than a handful...

Maybe I do need to start watching some of the lighter classes... Heavyweight boxing is a joke...

173239[/snapback]

Most people only think of the heavyweight division when they think of boxing. That's a shame. The lighter weights almost always have the best athletes and the most technically refined boxers. The heavyweights do have exceptions to the rule (Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Gene Tunney, Jack Dempsey, Muhammad Ali, etc.), but more often than not, they aren't the best athletes or boxers. They're just the biggest.

You might be referring to Barkley's 3 over David Robinson that did in San Antonio while he was in Phoenix, the 3 that sent them to the NBA Finals.  Mario Elie made a 3 that sent Phoenix packing and completed a 4-3 series win after being down 3-1.

173182[/snapback]

that was against the Spurs....you are right.....i can still hear that call in my head.

See? That's why you crackers know nothing. You complain about the NBA because the players don't act the way you think they should, or do all the things that YOU think they should be doing, and you turn away from the game. That's cool, crackers, and even legitimate, and even a cracker like myself felt the same way at times.

And yet when I suggest, perhaps, you should watch a team that is playing now (22-3) that does all or most of the things that you do want to see (team basketball, excellent passing, trying hard, all five guys involved, team defense), most all of you crackers say, "Aw, the nba stinks." Meaning, of course, that teams don't play team basketball, don't pass, don't try, it's all one on one, and no one plays defense. And that, crackers, is why you would be wrong again.  :D

173125[/snapback]

The don't play the freakin game the way it's supposed to! It's a GD JOKE! They travel all day, don't play defense, and hot dog for 60 minutes!

Jeez wake up!

The don't play the freakin game the way it's supposed to! It's a GD JOKE! They travel all day, don't play defense, and hot dog for 60 minutes!

Jeez wake up!

173647[/snapback]

I think what he is trying to convey to people is that Phoenix, as a team, DOES play the game the way it is supposed to be played. Does every team do that? More than likely they don't, but I don't think his comments are to reflect on the entire NBA.

BTW, NBA games are 48 minute games, aren't they?

I think what he is trying to convey to people is that Phoenix, as a team, DOES play the game the way it is supposed to be played.  Does every team do that?  More than likely they don't, but I don't think his comments are to reflect on the entire NBA.

BTW, NBA games are 48 minute games, aren't they?

173656[/snapback]

Well, it's pretty sad if one team is playing basketball the way it should be out of what 30 teams?

Has anyone watched the Sonics play?  They don't seem to have much but their record is pretty good.

Maybe the NBA is starting to turn.  I haven't watched a game in years because it's such an abomination compared to the game I grew up with.

173662[/snapback]

The Sonics are quite good, and I don't think their record is too much of a fluke. They probably won't keep up the winning percentage they have now over the entire year but they should definitely be there at the end. The Sonics/Suns game last friday was a great game to watch, and it was on national TV I think.

I think one of the bigger problems the NBA is two of the biggest markets available (New York and Chicago) are basically dead. If you put Lebron in NYC and Kevin Garnett in Chicago, I bet people's perception of the NBA would change a bit. Having said that, I agree that the game is too much one-on-one these days, the NBA has to find a way to change that. Personally Id move BACK the 3 pt line, the 3 point line where it is now is too temepting thus lowering FG%.