LSU - Florida

youtube.com/watch?v=iPTVnbiix_Y

0:53 - ''Taunting"????

:blink:

Yeah I thought that was a pretty crappy call...the kid basically just reached back with the ball...i've seen way worse than that not even called...my gosh let them play....that would've been his first(and probably only career touchdown)...

Edited by smuvtalker

It's a well known rule change this year. You cant look back on a TD run and taunt opposing players. There were 2 Florida guys that he turned to. Dude was a dumbass and Les will let him know. I was cheering for LSU in this game, but the second I saw him do it, I said "That's coming back now".

The rule might be a little much, but just score your TD and then celebrate a little, and then get off the field. Why is that so difficult?

The call also had no effect on the outcome of the game, so whatevs...

Also, do not mix-up the horrible officiating we've seen in the NFL this year, with NCAA officials. Most of the college games are called very well, with replay used correctly as a valuable tool. There have been no college officiating performances even close to as bad as we saw last week with the Bills. Totally different creatures.

Edited by DrDareustein

Officiating has absolutely ruined college football to the point where I barely watch anymore. The rules are absurd and the refs are idiots who think they should be part of the action (just like many baseball umps). And then of course you have a replay after every third play.

How many games have been won or lost because of some needless 'unsportsmanlike' call that follows a TD in the final minute and effectively gives the ball to the opponent at mid-field? And now they actually take points off the scoreboard?? Ridiculous. Give me the 80s with all the trash-talking and post-TD celebrations any day.

Officiating has absolutely ruined college football to the point where I barely watch anymore. The rules are absurd and the refs are idiots who think they should be part of the action (just like many baseball umps). And then of course you have a replay after every third play.

How many games have been won or lost because of some needless 'unsportsmanlike' call that follows a TD in the final minute and effectively gives the ball to the opponent at mid-field? And now they actually take points off the scoreboard?? Ridiculous. Give me the 80s with all the trash-talking and post-TD celebrations any day.

For once, I disagree with you completely. These are kids being trained for life and professions. These rules have been put in place in an effort to teach them some class, and sportsmanship. They are already raised to be huge d-bags by yes-men their entire lives. They need to learn how to act like men.

To answer your question of how many games, I'd say not many. And for each of those calls, that is on the player and coaching. These rules arent secret, nor are they made up on the spot. They are clearly defined, and pretty consistently called with regards to what exactly will get flagged and what wont.

However, this seems like its just a difference of opinion, since most of the country was going nuts about the trash-talking, celebrations, kids running around with their helmets off, etc. If you like that type of game, fine. But it breeds douchebaggery and kills sportmanship. It takes away from the good that team sports bring. IMO, at least.

A wise man once said "Act like youve been there before".

Edited by DrDareustein

For once, I disagree with you completely. These are kids being trained for life and professions. These rules have been put in place in an effort to teach them some class, and sportsmanship. They are already raised to be huge d-bags by yes-men their entire lives. They need to learn how to act like men.

To answer your question of how many games, I'd say not many. And for each of those calls, that is on the player and coaching. These rules arent secret, nor are they made up on the spot. They are clearly defined, and pretty consistently called with regards to what exactly will get flagged and what wont.

However, this seems like its just a difference of opinion, since most of the country was going nuts about the trash-talking, celebrations, kids running around with their helmets off, etc. If you like that type of game, fine. But it breeds douchebaggery and kills sportmanship. It takes away from the good that team sports bring. IMO, at least.

We've ended up on the opposite side of some fences but I agree straight through on this.

I thinks its a bit hyperbolic to say that if you allow celebrating on TD's its going to somehow diminish the character of those who play the game. I say allow them to celebrate as long as they don't go over the top and bring in props or something stupid like that. The NCAA game is so corrupt (Recruiting scandals, coaches leaving every which way, and lack of a playoff simply for money) that I don't know if you could teach integrity by simply saying hey in a game don't celebrate TD's that much.

I just think you are putting too much of an emphasis on these TD celebrations that kids with character would some how turn out crappy because they are allowed to celebrate TD's. I think its the kids that lack the character that celebrate the TD's excessively and those who have good character won't.

Also the punter likely has never been there before so how is he suppose to act like he had been there before? And if you want to call a penalty on a TD celebration fine but don't take away the score that's just dumb.