Chan relying on I formation power running this week?

Eagles D doesn't sound capable of handling power running. 258 lb Cory blasting holes for Freddie and CJ could be the ticket

"I think playing that second half and the way we came out, the Eagles didn't want to play no more," Gore said on the show. "We just kept pounding and kept pounding and kept making plays and I think we kind of knocked the fight out of them."

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/local/eagles/san-francisco-s-gore-eagles-quit-during-last-week-s/article_89070199-2562-5819-a874-4b940a356985.html

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Eagles D doesn't sound capable of handling power running. 258 lb Cory blasting holes for Freddie and CJ could be the ticket

http://wdigespmms.vo...t=1318007162244

They may not be capable of handling it, but Chan also said you don't "panic" and change what you do....

I agree though, with Bell out it may be a really good idea to go I-formation max protect with TEs and run the ball down their throats. I doubt it will happen, but we can always hope that we will get the lead and be able to do something like that.

With how soft the Eagles are in the middle, Jackson and Chandler should have all-world days.

There is no reason why Chandler shouldn't have double digit catches tomorrow with a TD or two or three, and Jackson 150+ yards.

I just hope Chan sticks to that plan.

I don't doubt the talent of their defensive backs and sooner or later it will start to kick in - if we spread them out and force them to play man that is actually to their strength; from everything I have read they are struggling with zone coverage and tackling.

I would think starting in the i and seeing if they stay out of nickel then motioning guys into the spread would work to create matchups against their LBs, but I assume Andy will mimick the Bengals plan and stay with a nickel package most all the game. You would think that you could really gash them on that.

Gore's comments were revealing though. From my limited football experience I can relate to a defense literally giving in (if not up) after repeated pounding. With his remaining personnel, Reid's defense may simply not be able to devise a scheme to mask this fatal flaw. Freddie and CJ arent the pounder Gore is, thats why Im wondering if we see Cory a lot more on the field this week. Dude's bigger than the majority of their front 7

Gore's comments were revealing though. From my limited football experience I can relate to a defense literally giving in (if not up) after repeated pounding. With his remaining personnel, Reid's defense may simply not be able to devise a scheme to mask this fatal flaw. Freddie and CJ arent the pounder Gore is, thats why Im wondering if we see Cory a lot more on the field this week. Dude's bigger than the majority of their front 7

Corey would be grinning ear to ear on every play.

That prompted me to go to the Iggles site to check out how big they really are. There, I found this little ditty: Pronunciation Guide :lol:

By the way Joe, he is bigger than their Linebackers, but not their front 4.

Hell, feed Cory. My idea on short yardage is to line him up with Smith and have him get the snap. Bowlingball right behind Wood and and a guard. There are so many run combinations that we should look to establish, just like the passing game spread the ball around rely on your work horse but spread the ball around. Running is something we should look to do now the weather is going to turn and we need to have more balance through more variety.

The Eagles are going to challenge us to beat them in the air. They will crowd the box, and count on their corners in man coverage. So, I think the ticket will be 4 wides with freddy in the backfield.

They haven't done that to anyone this year. They aren't going to do it tomorrow. Their linebackers suck and half their D line is hurt.